DCFC:"Why havent We renewed yet?"

FindernRam

Had a call today from DCFC wanting to know why we haven't renewed. That got my back up straight off as we have another5 weeks to decide!

Reasons we may not (probably not now) renew come out like this:

1 Lack of entertainment. I can't think of many games over the last few seasons where we have set off home after thinking what a cracking game, we enjoyed that. The play is ponderous and predictable, sideways backwards anyway but forward. No movement off the ball. No shooting to speak of.

2 Price: Derby prices are reasonable compared to some  but including car parking pies etc its well over £1000 per season for us. Say it slowly ONE THOUSAND pounds. Think what that would buy! Why spend that if you are not going to enjoy it.

3 Someone said to me what else would you do on a Saturday afternoon in Derby: Well what I do now. There are hardly any Saturday 3 o'clock games, between Sky and the police most of our home games are at odd days and times and I HATE it! How many more this year?

4 No stars: We have no real stars in the team to get the juices flowing and I include Martin and Hughes in this statement.

5 No sense of anticipation: I used to look forward to each home game and knew the schedule, now I have to look it up to see who we are playing and I certainly have no expectation of a win anymore, and particularly on a cold night have to drag myself out.

I expect to get flamed for this post but I have watched the Rams since 1968 and have never been this disinterested.

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel but we will never get forward enough to see it

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am with you, Findern.

After working a 13 hour day, I got to the Bristol game too late for food before kick-off, Such was the state of play that for the first time ever I went down early at half-time for a pie and a pint, and in reality wanted to carry on going out of the ground. I did watch the second half, knowing that if we got a draw most people would be raving about our character, despite the fact that we should be putting 5 or 6 past teams like Bristol City. I had also gone all the way to Newcastle with my son and daughter where, with the exception of about 20 minutes in the second half, only the fans turned up. Then there was the Burton match. And yet again, all those things you itemised were on full display. We should have taken Burton to the cleaners, but never seemed that bothered. And that is the problem - more often than not the players (and the management/coaching team by association) won't put the effort in. Yes they run around a bit, but never seem to show enough committment or concern.

As we walked home through the car park after the Burton mismatch we looked at all the Maseratis, Mercs, Jags, Ferraris and so on owned my incredibly rich players, who earn get given more money in a week than most fans earn in a year, knowing that if most of those fans did their job like Derby County do theirs, we would be sacked. Rather than asking us "When are we going to renew?", or offering a free bus ride, Mel and his boys should be offering us free matches/refunds for the tosh which they have been dishing up.

I probably will renew, but my self and my kids have gone from seeing us being in the South Stand till we die to having to think hard and long about renewing. I have posted elsewhere, I will probably actually renew on April 1st, and hope DCFC get the point. ALthough it is likely to be us who are the fools for renewing.

That wasn't the call I received. They rang asking if I was aware of the cut off dates for the early bird renewal. It was a bit of a wasted call to me. I did decide to have the crack with them and told them they needed to improve the performance on the pitch before I fork out nearly a grand for me and the kids.

Anyway the thought of spending Saturday afternoons shopping makes it seem like it's money well spent.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I just haven't got round to renewing yet. I will do though. Last few games have been frustrating but we've only lost once at home since September. Football may not be scintillating but we've had far far worse!! 03/04, 05/06, 07/08, 08/09, 10/11 all horrendous especially 10/11.

May be they need to look at people who have only purchased season tickets from 2014 onwards and concentrate on them.

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

A better advertising ploy would be to have the players put a message on their vest underneath their shirt and when they score, it would read something like:

Season ticket renewal deadline 23 April 2017

Ah, now I know why they rang.

I wouldn't leave it until the 23rd pal you may find the prices have gone up.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

That's part of our problem - ridiculous levels of expectations within parts of the fan base. 

So aren't there ridiculous expectations within parts of the ownership base too ? They've been banging on about PL for a while now. That sets the tone for fans.

They havent phoned me yet. I know its been a crap season and likely to carry on in the same manner, but i will be renewing......that will cost me close to 2 grand.....and then there is the petrol/ parking and beer money, but fukkk it!....its a great day out for the family, it bonds us and I have a sneaky feeling that we are going to storm the league next year!!!

Honest!!!

Now for another bottle of Citra!

7 minutes ago, wingfieldram said:

They havent phoned me yet. I know its been a crap season and likely to carry on in the same manner, but i will be renewing......that will cost me close to 2 grand.....and then there is the petrol/ parking and beer money, but fukkk it!....its a great day out for the family, it bonds us and I have a sneaky feeling that we are going to storm the league next year!!!

Honest!!!

Now for another bottle of Citra!

Yep that's how I feel every year. We are unbeatable in my head all close season. I don't half build myself up for a fall.

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

So aren't there ridiculous expectations within parts of the ownership base too ? They've been banging on about PL for a while now. That sets the tone for fans.

There's a huge difference between ambition and expectation. Maybe some of the fans are as guilty as the board?

Archived