Cracking day to Villa... But there's always one nob end!!

StockholmRam

Great day with old friends. Started out at 10.30 at The Waterfall before jumping on the train over to Brum. Derby away support never ceases to amaze me. Gosh we sang well and had fun. Some of us are a bit long in the tooth with Derby to let them spoil a cracking day out. Derby fans who travel away...I salute you. 

However... Slightly marred by an unsavory and totally unnecessary incident at Witten Train station next to Villa Park at the end. Standing waiting on platform 1 for the train to New Steet after the match. Lots of banter. Both sets of supporters getting on great all day. Never saw one iota of trouble. Then two young Villa lads ( about 18-20 years old I'd say)... walk onto platform 2, not causing trouble, just singing, not wind up songs...just " Villa, Villa" and this complete yob swinging out of a beer bottle walks up to them and smashes one in the face!!! Knocks him clean over... I was a bit sickened by seeing that. They were freaked out the two young lads. And the other thing... There's West Mids police on our platform who see this and do Nowt!!! 

Oh well.... 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's a shame.

I was deep in enemy territory in the Upper Holte and you couldn't hear the Derby fans at all. I do wonder if they do it right or whether we do by putting the away fans next to the home support.

I did let slip at the end of the game that I was a Derby fan and I was greeted with handshakes all round. Good supporters.

Shame it was spoiled for you.

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

Great day with old friends. Started out at 10.30 at The Waterfall before jumping on the train over to Brum. Derby away support never ceases to amaze me. Gosh we sang well and had fun. Some of us are a bit long in the tooth with Derby to let them spoil a cracking day out. Derby fans who travel away...I salute you. 

However... Slightly marred by an unsavory and totally unnecessary incident at Witten Train station next to Villa Park at the end. Standing waiting on platform 1 for the train to New Steet after the match. Lots of banter. Both sets of supporters getting on great all day. Never saw one iota of trouble. Then two young Villa lads ( about 18-20 years old I'd say)... walk onto platform 2, not causing trouble, just singing, not wind up songs...just " Villa, Villa" and this complete yob swinging out of a beer bottle walks up to them and smashes one in the face!!! Knocks him clean over... I was a bit sickened by seeing that. They were freaked out the two young lads. And the other thing... There's West Mids police on our platform who see this and do Nowt!!! 

Oh well.... 

When did that happen? We just managed to get the 5.07 I think it was from platform 1 after queuing for a while, didn't hear or see anything? Great shame. We were in the Villa end and had no trouble.

Was there with my mum (villa fan) today great day out didn't see the trouble either you might be right with the blues fan idea as they hate each other as much as we hate the reds

thought they were a nice bunch lots of families with kids reminded me of our lot in many ways

pity we couldn't make something of all the possession 

54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

When did that happen? We just managed to get the 5.07 I think it was from platform 1 after queuing for a while, didn't hear or see anything? Great shame. We were in the Villa end and had no trouble.

it was that train I was waiting for too. Think the incident was about 5 to 5. Def a Ram. Recognized him from the train over earlier in the day.

3 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Oh well.... 

Pisspoor. If the Villa fans were threatening Derby lads then yes, they deserved a clip but just a singsong should have been dealt with by a huge Rams song to shut them up.

Its the sort of thing Stoke fans do, hope someone had a word with him.

5 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

it was that train I was waiting for too. Think the incident was about 5 to 5. Def a Ram. Recognized him from the train over earlier in the day.

You should have lamped him.

p.s good game to choose to remember Robbo 

Archived