Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

We should have been working on set plays in attack and defence every day for the last 4 years!

That's the scary thing isn't it? By implication it's apparent he's not been doing this prior which would once again affirm the guy lacks tactical nous. If you think about it when have we seen an attacking set piece on a corner or free kick where you thought, wow, that was something cooked up in training? Most other teams always have some designed play and we never do, beyond that short corner tripe which just delays the cross.  

Defensive set pieces not only involve basic defending rules but require you to watch video and create a response plan to the set piece tactics of the teams you play. Do we do that, Steve?

24 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That's the scary thing isn't it? By implication it's apparent he's not been doing this prior which would once again affirm the guy lacks tactical nous.

It means nothing of the sort. How does saying they've been practicing this morning imply that they've never done it before?.

On 27/02/2017 at 13:57, David said:

Team I would like;  

Carson

Christie   Baird   Pearce   Lowe

De Sart   Johnson

Ince           Hughes         Russell

Nugent

I think the Defence picks it's self. I would like to see Johnson come back in to at least challenge people in the air not really Butterfield's best quality. Same wingers but I would like to see Bennett given another chance to come off the bench. I would like to see Hughes be pushed further up and try to unlock some through balls for us to score from open play. Bent to be rested and Nugent to come in and show us what he can do. 

Team I expect;

Carson

Christie   Baird   Pearce   Lowe

De Saart
      Butterfield     Hughes

Ince          Nugent         Russell

I think it will be just two changes from the last game seeing as Mac thought we was so excellent. I expect Baird to come in for the obviously injured Keogh and Bent to be replaced with Nugent. No major changes will be made. I think the most intriguing thing at the minute is looking at who will be on the bench Blackman, Vydra, Camara all seem to be having a couple of weeks out the team then are back in, then last game Bennett made the bench and with us having defence problems at the minute we might see an under 23 come in.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

That's the scary thing isn't it? By implication it's apparent he's not been doing this prior which would once again affirm the guy lacks tactical nous. If you think about it when have we seen an attacking set piece on a corner or free kick where you thought, wow, that was something cooked up in training? Most other teams always have some designed play and we never do, beyond that short corner tripe which just delays the cross.  

Defensive set pieces not only involve basic defending rules but require you to watch video and create a response plan to the set piece tactics of the teams you play. Do we do that, Steve?

We have had 12 clean sheets in 22 league games since Oct 15th. The set piece frailty has been all too apparent in the last half dozen.

What I imply is different to you, that defensive set pieces have been given extra  attention and not that is was never happening

Would be brilliant to see the Rams do their near and dear neighbours a favour tonight and I'm sure you've all got your fingers crossed not only for a resounding Derby victory but you'll be warm inside knowing you're doing Nigel Clough and Burton Albion a potentially huge favour as well.

So for the first time this season I'm posting a heart felt Come On You Rams ;-)

My guess for this one: 

Carson

Christie     Baird    Pearce    Lowe

Johnson 

Bryson          Hughes 

Ince             Nugent             Russell

I'm half an hour away. Can't stand this neck of the wood. Fancy a few pints and three points though. 

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Not stopped persisting for most of the day. Could very well end up with a surface resembling the BBG circa 1970s/80s.

Is the game under threat with this weather? It really is lousy out there. 

Archived