Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

AmericanRam

42 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Keogh and Shackell both doubts. Pretty much confirms the team, unless we see a change in thinking from Mac.

Carson; Christie, Baird, Pearce, Lowe; De Sart, Butterfield, Hughes; Ince, Bent, Russell.

Johnson back to the bench - DT reporting his Mrs was unwell, hope it's nothing serious..

Looks like a team which will concede from the corner. If I'm correct, set pieces are Blackburn's main goalscoring threat. Where the **** is my Gillette? Have to have it ready.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Going to this one, fingers crossed we can get the win. Anybody know how many we're taking? 

I went to fetch my tickets earlier. They said "its going to be quiet"..... how they know Blackburn have a crap fan base?

I'd imagine 1,000 - 1,500 tops tomorrow?

Just now, Redcar said:

I went to fetch my tickets earlier. They said "its going to be quiet"..... how they know Blackburn have a crap fan base?

I'd imagine 1,000 - 1,500 tops tomorrow?

Not bad for a Tuesday night away at Blackburn to be fair! I've got a good win percentage from my away games.. let's hope this continues.. :D

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Will be going tomorrow with pay on the day! Hopefully we can pick up a much needed win tomorrow! Baird back in for Christie 

Christie is staying in RB and Baird is taking Keogh place. 

Saw Bennett do quite well at Bournemouth couple of seasons ago (the 1-0 win in Steves first good run).

I too think that seeing one or two youngsters being positioned in the final games for a place next season plus setting aside those that really look to have run their race at Derby would be time well spent.

Of course, if by some miracle we suddenly put 3 or wins together and end up back on the fringe then no doubt the priorities would change!

7 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That would be the old Darwen Vale school I presume. It's about a 15/20 minute max walk to the ground from there. There is a pub too on the way. The Golden Cup.

Parked there last season - perfect. 

Right opposite the exit from the motorway. Pleasant walk to and from the stadium. Interesting view of the stadium from afar as you walk to the ground. Bit of a throwback to the old Baseball Ground days - rows of terraced houses but with an oasis of a reasonably modern stadium in the middle. Blackburn folk all very friendly. No traffic issues whatsoever. 

5 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Parked there last season - perfect. 

Right opposite the exit from the motorway. Pleasant walk to and from the stadium. Interesting view of the stadium from afar as you walk to the ground. Bit of a throwback to the old Baseball Ground days - rows of terraced houses but with an oasis of a reasonably modern stadium in the middle. Blackburn folk all very friendly. No traffic issues whatsoever. 

I parked there the year before. Had a nice with the car park bloke about Rams - Blackburn things past (Simon Garner!!!) and a pleasant walk down the hill to the ground.

Would quite like the club to go back to its previously successful combination.

Baird had done really well at right back. Why change that ? Ince clearly liked playing with Baird behind him. Equally clearly his performance falls off a cliff when he plays with Christie.

Similarly, Bradley was doing really well in the holding role - his confidence had lifted and he was producing for the team.

The disruptions to the team since December also seem to have affected the central defenders . They too have lost confidence.

Why do we insist on doing this kind of thing  at Derby ? 

1 minute ago, BobbyD said:

Would quite like the club to go back to its previously successful combination.

Baird had done really well at right back. Why change that ? Ince clearly liked playing with Baird behind him. Equally clearly his performance falls off a cliff when he plays with Christie.

Similarly, Bradley was doing really well in the holding role - his confidence had lifted and he was producing for the team.

The disruptions to the team since December also seem to have affected the central defenders . They too have lost confidence.

Why do we insist on doing this kind of thing  at Derby ? 

Conceding 7 goals in 2 home game v Bristol and Cardiff?

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I parked there the year before. Had a nice with the car park bloke about Rams - Blackburn things past (Simon Garner!!!) and a pleasant walk down the hill to the ground.

That was my very first Rams game when Garner (Simon not Andy) bagged 5 goals against us. Not a good memory or first game.

Archived