Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Yeah, I'm leaving Ilkeston around 3:30, so giving myself bags of time.

Anyone know how many we are taking / expecting?

That's plenty of time. There's a Hungry Horse pub a stones throw from the away end if you need something to eat or a McDonald's just a couple of minutes further away. Not sure how many tickets we've sold but there won't be many Blackburn fans there that's for sure. Be lucky if the grounds half full. 

21 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That's plenty of time. There's a Hungry Horse pub a stones throw from the away end if you need something to eat or a McDonald's just a couple of minutes further away. Not sure how many tickets we've sold but there won't be many Blackburn fans there that's for sure. Be lucky if the grounds half full. 

So an attendance of what? 12,000?? - even better if less of them, us Rams will drown them out!! can't wait!! COYR!

3 hours ago, Redcar said:

Any tips or advise on parking for tomorrow chaps? Last minute dot com ticket purchase last night for me and the boy :)

Been before but was 1985.... assuming it's changed a bit since and I was only 13 then! Lol

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

If you're going to the game via The M6 and M65 there are some industrial units off Branch Rd which charge around £5. Away end is approximately 10mins max from there. As for free parking , I actually live in Blackburn and embarrassingly can't think of anywhere at that end of the ground. I'm coming from the other side of town and plan to park on one of the side streets off Hollin Bridge St. This is also about 10mins from the ground. Only problem for you would be fighting you way back past the ground after the game to get back to the M65. Sorry I couldn't help any further.

When I went in that season we try to forget, I am sure we parked at a school straight off the M65 and walked down the hill stopped off at a social club on the way down.

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

When I went in that season we try to forget, I am sure we parked at a school straight off the M65 and walked down the hill stopped off at a social club on the way down.

That would be the old Darwen Vale school I presume. It's about a 15/20 minute max walk to the ground from there. There is a pub too on the way. The Golden Cup.

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 20:36, AmericanRam said:

Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Tuesday February 28th

19:45 KO

Ewood Park

I personally would like to see Bennett get the nod in this one. Hopefully we come out with some passion and get some confidence back.

COYR.

Same team but maybe Nugent for Bent. Another same performance again and more luck in final third. COYR 

Feel like I do this every time now.. but

What I want (adjusted for injuries):

Carson
Christie  Baird Pearce  Lowe
        Hughes  Butterfield
    Ince      Nugent     Bennett
                    Bent

What we'll get:

Carson
Christie, Baird, Pearce, Lowe
                 De Sart
       Hughes      Butterfield
    Ince                       Russell

Bent                                  (gap intended)

Nobody wants the LW spot it seems. Russell was decent vs. Villa, IMO, but it would be nice to have someone who doesn't always drift inside, like Bennett did. The minute Nugent comes on, Bent gets dragged in. Why not do that from the start instead of playing with 10 men?

Edit: Happy 6000th post to me.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That would be the old Darwen Vale school I presume. It's about a 15/20 minute max walk to the ground from there. There is a pub too on the way. The Golden Cup.

Nice and easy to get away from as well.

On 26.2.2017 at 10:06, Waffle said:

Am I the only one who noticed Nugent runs funnily. He takes lots of little steps instead of striding 

Show?id=hkm.HKMS000005:km003mrw&index=0&

Feet like Singer's needle, but looks so much more stupid. I hate it when our players don't look good during the game.

Should get rid of him before he stars to play well. :mellow:

59 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think we will win this one. Had our troubles recently but Blackburn are dross.

Hope you're right. Just worry that if Baird has to cover at centre half that we may struggle. Nothing personal against him but they have two centre forwards in Graham and Gallagher that are pretty handy in the air. Hopefully we can nullify that by stopping their crosses from wide areas reaching our box. Easier said than done but here's hoping. COYR. 

Archived