Johnny Russell

Topram

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eddie said:

Strawmen have a tendency to catch fire. Nowhere has anybody suggested that he is the 'best player' by any stretch of the imagination, so you are trying to win a non-existent argument.

The sarcasm of the comment makes it sound as if he's aiming for people who have been critical of him recently which we have every right to of been, the way it's worded is wrong for the fact he has only scored 1 goal it's a good start and I'm happy for him, really happy but when I have had every right to be critical about how's he's played I will stick by it until he's proved me wrong, 1 goal doesn't do that, I know he will prove me wrong because he's a good player but needs keep playing well more often    

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

One goal and now he's the best player to have played??? It's great he got his goal I'm delighted for him but blinming if 1 goal makes you the best then Jesus 

Who's said that he is 'the best player to have played'? :blink:

Fact remains, Rowett, McLaren, Hughton, and Jokanovic all rate him and you don't. So what?

We still need an improvement in that area but I'm happy for him. Hopefully he is actually consistent next season rather than going on 5/6 game spells then not doing anything for the next 10 games. I don't think it's his fault but he is better on the right wing for me but he is never going to get remove Ince. Next season:Ince, Russell, Anya + 1 new winger should be our options as the wingers

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Who's said that he is 'the best player to have played'? :blink:

Fact remains, Rowett, McLaren, Hughton, and Jokanovic all rate him and you don't. So what?

Please look at my other posts. I think the last few games he's been great, and deserves his goal, I have nothing against him I think he's a top guy, I do rate him, but don't I have the right to says he's not been good enough this season?? If it was someone else I was pointing a finger at everyone wouldn't be jumping on my back so much!

Just now, Topram said:

Please look at my other posts. I think the last few games he's been great, and deserves his goal, I have nothing against him I think he's a top guy, I do rate him, but don't I have the right to says he's not been good enough this season?? If it was someone else I was pointing a finger at everyone wouldn't be jumping on my back so much!

Fair enough mate, but I was responding to your last post in which you chose to make up a quote nobody had made. As such, I'd counter that I have a right to offer an opinion too. :thumbsup: 

On a night like tonight it'd be grand if we could all just enjoy the result without trying to drag other fans or the players down IMO.

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Fair enough mate, but I was responding to your last post in which you chose to make up a quote nobody had made. As such, I'd counter that I have a right to offer an opinion too. :thumbsup: 

On a night like tonight it'd be grand if we could all just enjoy the result without trying to drag other fans or the players down IMO.

Excatly mate, seen as I did make this post it'll come back to haunt me! I'm just happy with a big win! Players and fans need to come together after such wins like tonight, should be no negatives after a win let the manager pick out the negatives with the players!

Johnny optimises the player you want playing for your team. He's works hard, passionate, has obvious ability (although inconsistent), and (to me most importantly) has taken the team to his heart.

While in the championship, to have a hard working winger is a key piece. He's also a key member of the squad, not a mardy whinger.

Played well tonight. He seemed to relax after his goal too, had an extra spring to his step, and looked dangerous.

Archived