I am so please masion bennet

B4ev6is

7 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Elsnik is the one with most chance to  push on if we move out the jam of players blocking his path would be good from the bench to cover for Will.Having seen both Bennett and Zanzala this season neither are currently near good enough for a team that wants challenge at the top end of the division next year, Zanzala needs to go out on loan and gain some more experience. Bennett just needs to find a team that will play him regularly in division 1 or 2 though takers maybe thin on the ground has he has not done much whilst out on his loans.

Sorry to be harsh, but do you realize Zanzala hasn't played this season? He's done his ACL and is still recovering, so a loan's probably not a great idea.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Anyone more familiar with the u23's than me?

How close will Zanzala be to the first team when fit? And is he a good fit for our preferred system? Is he gonna keep CM on the bench next season?

I suspect that if McClaren thinks he can push for place in the squad he'll be a big target man. Physically strong (for the under-23's anyway). Not quite working for Martin? Too many players marking him? Send Zanzala on to cause some chaos.

That's if McClaren thinks he's good enough.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Where have you seen Zanzala this season? He's been out with an ACL injury since August.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sorry to be harsh, but do you realize Zanzala hasn't played this season? He's done his ACL and is still recovering, so a loan's probably not a great idea.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah I've been really disappointed in Zanzala this season. He needs to take a long hard look at himself. 

So want to 'like' these comments but wasted all my ration on folk who were not inclined to hysteria after today's game. Sorry!

10 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Maison Bennet good name for a restaurant maybe Mac could manage it and Vydra as head waiter. 

Can't see vydra getting a run out as head waiter.

assistant pot washer maybe?

Mason did well when he came on yesterday, think he should be given a chance between now and the end of the season. He's had a lot of injuries that's held him back, but needs a run of games in a Derby shirt to prove if he can cut it, if not then move him on.

I remember Dean Sturridge. wanting to make his loan move to Torquay permanent, injuries when Smithy came in gave him a chance and look what happened. Dont think we should give up on Mason just yet

37 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Should have separated it from this season.I saw the u23 games pre season and was at the Norwich game where he got injured.

Oh, was he not so good then? I  last saw him on the run in the under 23s last season and I thought then that he was quite strong, hard to shake off the ball and quick with good ball control. I expect this injury will have set him back, which is a shame as I was fully expecting him to be pushing for a first team slot this season.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I do think dersevse a chance to show what he can do next season could be target man or in midfield were strengh could be a assist yet.

You might be on to something there B4 - could Mason be turned into our midfield runner like Bryson/Hendrick used to be...

That something I always liked about very hard to get of the ball something we have struggled with of late but I like strengh and pace but I just feel he would maybe help will huges or bradly johnson out. Having someone else out who strong might give oppsition and his height now could be another weapion for us now.

Archived