Jump to content

Young blood


 Share

Recommended Posts

We have blown it big time so now is the time to plan for next season.

Blood the youngsters to see who has the ability and hunger. Great to see Bennett back in the side and sounded like he made an impact. Guy is doing well at Port Vale so he should return with bit between his teeth. Lowe will be a better player next year for his experience this season. To back up a decent nucleus of youngsters who imo will be knocking at the door should be a Eustace like enforcer. Step forward Leadbitter. Available at £3M. Bargain

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honest question, do we have any youngsters good enough to bring through?

And if so, why have we waited until now to give them a chance?

The season has been a free hit since October...

Lowe will be the only mainstay.

In other positions, we are just going to flex our financial muscle and bring in someone more polished than an Elsnik, Rawson or Zanzala.

Sad but true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Honest question, do we have any youngsters good enough to bring through?

And if so, why have we waited until now to give them a chance?

The season has been a free hit since October...

Lowe will be the only mainstay.

In other positions, we are just going to flex our financial muscle and bring in someone more polished than an Elsnik, Rawson or Zanzala.

Sad but true.

Don't know if they would be much good, but if we don't give them the opportunity to shine we will never know. 

With this season coming to a premature end, why not throw them in and see how they respond. 

Theres nothing to lose but all to gain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Don't know if they would be much good, but if we don't give them the opportunity to shine we will never know. 

With this season coming to a premature end, why not throw them in and see how they respond. 

Theres nothing to lose but all to gain. 

I disagree Ted. Don't get me wrong, there's a few need to lose their place if only to get them out of the comfort zone they appear to be in but I think blooding youngsters when morale and confidence is low is counter productive.

Another **** result and it would be 'they ain't up to it'. Bring one or two in when we're in better form by all means for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I disagree Ted. Don't get me wrong, there's a few need to lose their place if only to get them out of the comfort zone they appear to be in but I think blooding youngsters when morale and confidence is low is counter productive.

Another **** result and it would be 'they ain't up to it'. Bring one or two in when we're in better form by all means for me.

I think if we were to put one in at a time it may help bring them on and I also agree with you the odd two or three in this side need their worlds rocking a little. Too comfortable out there for some and it could be argued they are all too keen to hide whilst out there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Don't know if they would be much good, but if we don't give them the opportunity to shine we will never know. 

With this season coming to a premature end, why not throw them in and see how they respond. 

Theres nothing to lose but all to gain. 

I agree that there is the element of the unknown and mimimal harm to be done by giving them a chance, especially when we have so many established players underperforming.

But a lot of these players have made fleeting appearances and nothing more which is quite telling. Hughes and Hendrick couldn't be denied. By comparison, many others just haven't made enough of a case.

The fact we have only brought through two first team regulars of note for almost 10 years suggests that we are not perhaps as laudable when it comes to youth development as it may appear.

When Wassall was in charge, did any of the prospects even get a look-in then?

If we are going to find good young players, we'll be cherry-picking the lower leagues' most impressive, for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think growing the academy is a long term thing, its been something like 8 years since we started treating it seriously and it'll probably be another ten of unstinting commitment to really establish it, even then, its only going to produce some first team regulars.

After Huddleston there was nothing of note for years, Then we had Hendrick, Hughes, Lowe and if we get another three over the next three seasons I'll consider it to be OK return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.