New assistant manager?

RoyMac5

There seems to be some fans convinced that Mac's 2nd coming will be a repeat (ie failure - in their eyes) of the first time.

I wonder whether he needs a different assistant manager, and/or coaching staff. I like Powelly but is he the 'right fit' for Macs weaknesses.

Just wondering. I really want Mac and Derby to do well next season. :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There seems to be some fans convinced that Mac's 2nd coming will be a repeat (ie failure - in their eyes) of the first time.

I wonder whether he needs a different assistant manager, and/or coaching staff. I like Powelly but is he the 'right fit' for Macs weaknesses.

Just wondering. I really want Mac and Derby to do well next season. :)

What weaknesses !

Never mind next season, I want them to do well this season. Believe me, it wouldn't make much difference who we had in charge or assisting, if you haven't got the players to do the job on the pitch, you wont achieve anything. I have said it once, and I will say it again, we had chances to sign players in the window, players that may have brought something different to the team, mixed it up a bit, but we didn't and now we are paying for it.

1 minute ago, ramant62 said:

Never mind next season, I want them to do well this season. Believe me, it wouldn't make much difference who we had in charge or assisting, if you haven't got the players to do the job on the pitch, you wont achieve anything. I have said it once, and I will say it again, we had chances to sign players in the window, players that may have brought something different to the team, mixed it up a bit, but we didn't and now we are paying for it.

Cause Villa have gone storming up the league... 

3 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Cause Villa have gone storming up the league... 

I didn't say do what Villa did and sign everything that moves. They are where they are because they have signed a whole new team, who will need more than a few months to gel. We on the other hand needed just a few new additions, who could bring something different to the team. We have become too easy to play against, everyone knows how to play us. Variety is the spice of life so the missus tells me :whistle:

1 minute ago, ramant62 said:

I didn't say do what Villa did and sign everything that moves. They are where they are because they have signed a whole new team, who will need more than a few months to gel. We on the other hand needed just a few new additions, who could bring something different to the team. We have become too easy to play against, everyone knows how to play us. Variety is the spice of life so the missus tells me :whistle:

What chances did we have to sign players that we didn't take? Officially there was only Lansbury? Who Villa signed. Otherwise we signed who we wanted. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why, everyone has weaknesses.

Clough was never as good without Taylor. Maybe the 'backroom boys' should also be considered this summer.

I would look at the playing staff before the back room staff...........

11 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

What chances did we have to sign players that we didn't take? Officially there was only Lansbury? Who Villa signed. Otherwise we signed who we wanted. 

We had a whole transfer window to do something about it, so there must have been plenty of chances to sign players.

There were short coming under Clement [yeah you could argue we were too defensive minded] but in the end thatwent down the plug hole, we had Wassall in and again short coming in performances and the basic's went out of the window.

We got Pearson in and he went on to change everything and too quickly and again performances were poor, we bring Mac back in players gain almost immediate confidence boost and performances although not brilliant we get results, where we didn't get under Pearson.

We now have a situation where we are currently back to the type performances we had under Pearson and the results to boot.

The squad is really not good enough if you want promotion, if you want mid table finishes, then we doing ok.

One thing for sure the squad of 2008 was bad enough in the prem, this current squad would not make the 11 pts and I think that is why Mel wants us to go up when we are ready.

Players need sorting first........

8 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

But we did sign players? 

....and they have made a difference ? Players from lower leagues, players no-one has heard of but who could bring something different to the table, they are out there, that's what scouts are for. 

3 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

....and they have made a difference ? Players from lower leagues, players no-one has heard of but who could bring something different to the table, they are out there, that's what scouts are for. 

and unless you're in the know, maybe they wanted too much money? Maybe those players weren't interested in signing for DCFC? There's always players out there but that doesn't mean they're a fit or a deal could be done. I think we need to move a few players on first, and look at our youth before we bring in too many more faces personally. 

Archived