Mason Bennett

OoooMarkWright

With Mason Bennett hitting a bit of form for the Under 23's, would it be worth giving him a go wide left?

He could be a good option off the bench, fast, direct, right footed so can cut in and link up. I know he seems to have gone backwards over the last year or two, but he seems to have regained his fitness now so it could be an option between now and the end of the season. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, uttoxram75 said:

When we play with two out and out wingers we give goals away like confetti.

Its a long time since i've seen Mason play (even though he's still young), but if he's fit i'd have him in the first team squad. He's better than Blackman and Vydra.

He isn't better than Vydra no way sorry. 

7 hours ago, enachops said:

With Mason Bennett hitting a bit of form for the Under 23's, would it be worth giving him a go wide left?

He could be a good option off the bench, fast, direct, right footed so can cut in and link up. I know he seems to have gone backwards over the last year or two, but he seems to have regained his fitness now so it could be an option between now and the end of the season. 

He needs to hit form for the U23s first, and then consistently perform for them. Had a good game against Liverpool, but 1 good game and 1 goal isn't enough. Would be unfair on likes of Elsnik, who has been performing well for a lot of the season. 

There's also a fair few wingers and forwards in our first team on big contracts. Mac will want to give them all a few goes to see who is worth hanging on to in the summer. Think Mason may need to focus on getting U23 game time

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

He needs to hit form for the U23s first, and then consistently perform for them. Had a good game against Liverpool, but 1 good game and 1 goal isn't enough. Would be unfair on likes of Elsnik, who has been performing well for a lot of the season. 

There's also a fair few wingers and forwards in our first team on big contracts. Mac will want to give them all a few goes to see who is worth hanging on to in the summer. Think Mason may need to focus on getting U23 game time

He has been playing well for a fair few games now, not just the one.

He said at the start of the season this was a big year for him and he is going to kick on.

He seems to be sticking by his words and I think he deserves a chance.

Archived