The best performance by a Derby team?

toddy

With all the gloom on here lately I thought I would ask......

What is the best performance you have seen from a Derby team?

For me it has to be a certain match in October 1975 - Real Madrid 2nd round of the European cup 1st leg at the Baseball ground.

It had everything, one of the greatest teams of the 70's and it also involved a good Spanish side ;) - A European night of football, there were goals, drama, fast paced attacking football by a fantastic Derby side and of course the one and only Charlie George  :thumbsup: - An absolute fantastic team performance -  anybody that has not seen the game there are links on Youtube.

For me the best performance I have witnessed as a Derby fan.

What is yours?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

5-0 vs Wolves 14/15

Strange you should mention this, I remember being underwhelmed because I thought we didn't play that well for saying we were winning 5-0.

For me, Birmingham 4-0 away in recent memory was a great performance, we were so dominant. And I agree with Forest 5-0, of course, oh George I miss you.

Colchester at home under Billy

Tranmere 5-1 (?) - Simmo hat trick 

Brighton home leg 2014

Forest 5-0

Old Trafford 2-3 - Wanchope and Poom debuts

More games standout but my memory is shocking. Games under Smith during that first or two season at PP - Chelsea, United, Arsenal. 

What a side we had 

2 hours ago, toddy said:

With all the gloom on here lately I thought I would ask......

What is the best performance you have seen from a Derby team?

For me it has to be a certain match in October 1975 - Real Madrid 2nd round of the European cup 1st leg at the Baseball ground.

It had everything, one of the greatest teams of the 70's and it also involved a good Spanish side ;) - A European night of football, there were goals, drama, fast paced attacking football by a fantastic Derby side and of course the one and only Charlie George  :thumbsup: - An absolute fantastic team performance -  anybody that has not seen the game there are links on Youtube.

For me the best performance I have witnessed as a Derby fan.

What is yours?

Do you mean a game we were actually at or any game?

I know this isn't quite the same, but I really enjoyed (until the final whistle!) watching us at Wembley vs QPR! *shock* (I wasn't ultra upset over losing cos I never really believed we'd win).

Only previous Wembley game had been the Charity Shield vs W. Ham in 1975(?).

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know this isn't quite the same, but I really enjoyed (until the final whistle!) watching us at Wembley vs QPR! *shock* (I wasn't ultra upset over losing cos I never really believed we'd win).

And here's me thinking you might have been at Wembley - 27th April in 46.......:p

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I can't think of a match I've enjoyed less, I was in bits throughout.

Man City 1-2 Derby County 

Sir Francis Lee..... Just look at his face! I was in Kippax with my blue blooded family. And the match was filmed.

Tranmere 5-1 Derby County.......

Strange chice you may think but it was Igors debut and he scored our goal. Little did we know the genius (I don't use that lightly) that was to come.

Man Utd 2-3 Derby County

Paulo Wanchope special....... look at the faces on those rags as he turned away to celebrate!! 

Derby County 6-0 Man City 

Just look at my face!!! Against the club I was brought up to support!!! Bliss! 

I'd have to think very long and hard to narrow it down to one game :)

Archived