My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem with Joel’s throat,we’ll go back as soon as they can arrange it for an MRI.

Joel was happy that they’re not allowed to use endoscopy at the moment.

I’m not going to go into details,not a great day.

I’ll come back to you when we’ve been again.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Problem with Joel’s throat,we’ll go back as soon as they can arrange it for an MRI.

Joel was happy that they’re not allowed to use endoscopy at the moment.

I’m not going to go into details,not a great day.

I’ll come back to you when we’ve been again.

I don't blame him, i've had loads so know how awful they are.

Hoping all turns out ok...keep safe the Cones...

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I don't blame him, i've had loads so know how awful they are.

Hoping all turns out ok...keep safe the Cones...

I can’t imagine?

Joel didn’t hear them,I told him on the way home.

I think he would have declined the offer.

Pass our best wishes on to Joel, I know those can come across as shallow words John but I feel sure there are many people on here who read this thread feel helpless and our thoughts and hopes are all we’ve got.

You, Mrs Cone and Joel’s brothers are also in my/our thoughts, that goes without saying...even though I just did ?

• 2 weeks later...

We had to go back to the Hallamshire yesterday,we didn’t want to and we certainly didn’t want to take Mr Ray away from his Covid work but it was his call.

The upshot was that he would get onto Radiology for the MRI of Joel’s neck as an emergency case.

Had a letter this morning from Radiology to arrange the MRI.

Rang them and unfortunately but understandably it is too high risk to MRI Joel at the moment due to COVID.

That’s it,we understand and move on and will sit tight.

Good luck cones, I really hope it keeps under control until things are back to normal and can get looked at.

I'm in a similar but less worrying (hopefully) situation. I had a big lecture in October from the Dr about why they cannot leave the infected bone as it is, and they have to operate (a fairly big one). Now they have kicked it into the long grass until duck knows when. The chances are it will be ok but it could be a huge pile of poo for me if it goes wrong.

I think I've mentioned before worrying about myself is a whole lot easier than worrying for one of the kids. You and Mrs Cone are doing great. Fingers crossed that you can keep it all together until it works out for you all.

Archived