My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ramant62 said:

I used to be a staff nurse in ENT, and Cholesteatoma is a nasty thing to suffer. Its a very big intricate procedure he's having done, and at such a young age too. Hope all goes well for him.

Would you mind me asking your opinion on a couple of things.?

• 1 month later...

Pre op tuesday,op 2 weeks thursday.

I wasn't going to re-open this till we got to Birmingham for the op,so I apologise in advance but as I sort of expected due to the gravity of the situation things have become difficult.

Anyway I'm going to see if I can get a DCFC picture put on of my son and then i'll talk about a bit about what's been going on.

Sorry to bring it up again,completely selfish on my part.

19 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I wasn't going to re-open this till we got to Birmingham for the op,so I apologise in advance but as I sort of expected due to the gravity of the situation things have become difficult.

Anyway I'm going to see if I can get a DCFC picture put on of my son and then i'll talk about a bit about what's been going on.

Hope all goes well mate, keep us in the loop :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I don't see it as selfish, I was wondering the other day how things are with your lad but didn't want to ask in case things could be better and you wanted to keep it within the family.

Hope Tuesday goes well. :thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Hope Tuesday goes well. 

23 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I don't see it as selfish, I was wondering the other day how things are with your lad but didn't want to ask in case things could be better and you wanted to keep it within the family.

Hope Tuesday goes well. :thumbsup:

You can ask anytime.Thanks for the thought.

A real test this one,7 years in and he's struggling.I think I'm struggling and I've not got to go through it.

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

You can ask anytime.Thanks for the thought.

A real test this one,7 years in and he's struggling.I think I'm struggling and I've not got to go through it.

All I can write is there's a lot of people rooting for him John and hope that brings him a crumb of respite, the family too.

All the best, all of you. 

I was saving my Steve Maclaren story for later but i'll share it now.

Let me just say that DCFC as a club/organisation/business have been utterly fantastic in helping me and family at a rough time.Something we did not expect and I love the club that little bit more for it(I didn't think that was possible).

We've got a club who I believe genuinely cares about it's fans,the clubs in good hands.

I did agree with the club some confidentiality which I will respect.

So,me the Mrs and 3 boys are on a family trip to a game recently and it's probably going to be my eldests last pre surgery due to his health so we were trying to make it special,everyone had a new suit,family meal,go early hang around in the car park,try and get Keogh to sign a shirt for him to take into hospital,usual stuff kids want,meet their heroes etc.

Bloody hell,I missed him!

Anyway,we had a great day,during the day I had seen my Mrs talking to a lady who worked for the club,I didn't really take much notice but I did notice when Michael Johnson appeared and took my Mrs to one side.

Obviously I went over,what a great bloke,pleasure to meet him.Had a picture with my boys.....great.

Sorry,I'm rambling.

We're going to leave after the game and I see Michael Johnson speaking to my Mrs again.We didn't leave the stadium the usual way,we were going to be taken out the main West Stand entrance.

We went down all these stairs and ended up stood in this corridor outside the exit.

A door opened and my 15 year old grabbed my arm and said 'Steve Maclarens in there'!

'Don't talk daft son'!!

I could see my eldest filling up with tears as Chris Powell poked his head out of the door and said'Lovely to meet you,the gaffer wants to see you'!

So in we go to this room,Mac,Powell Chris Evans and a couple of DCFC staff are in the room with the opposition manager and staff.

Maclaren instantly cut everyone off and spoke to my son.

Asked what was going on and looked genuinely shocked when my Mrs told him and he had a good look at the back of my lads head where he has had surgery.

That's all I can tell you really.

My last memories where talking to Kevin Phillips outside, my Mrs with her arms round Michael Johnson and both of them being in tears.

We went out of the main entrance,my eldest was in tears and George Thorne was stood next to us....I couldn't take it in.

And a week later Maclaren and staff were sacked!

I understood at that point why the club had set him back on,just making that time to speak to my lad made him so happy.

Anyway,that's it.I've missed some bits out.Thanks to the club,thanks to Michael Johnson and staff at the club and a lady I'll call Angela.They'll never know what that mean't to us.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

I was saving my Steve Maclaren story for later but i'll share it now........

Anyway,that's it.I've missed some bits out.Thanks to the club,thanks to Michael Johnson and staff at the club and a lady I'll call Angela.They'll never know what that mean't to us.

Nice to hear you had a good experience at the club and so pleased the club operates with a heart; many would expect it but still creditable.

Sometimes football can be a welcome distraction.

Good luck for the future.

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Michael Johnson appeared and took my Mrs to one side.

We're going to leave after the game and I see Michael Johnson speaking to my Mrs again

My last memories were my Mrs with her arms round Michael Johnson

Bloody hell mate I would watch out if I were you, Jonno sounds like a right charmer!

In all seriousness, that story is great to hear. Hope everything is okay for your lad and he can see us storm the league next season!

6 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Bloody hell mate I would watch out if I were you, Jonno sounds like a right charmer!

In all seriousness, that story is great to hear. Hope everything is okay for your lad and he can see us storm the league next season!

He's a proper gentleman,a pleasure to meet him.

9 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Must admit thought about you and yours a few times and had the op date in my mind ,all the best hope everything goes ok.

I was trying to not go on about it,but a couple of things happened in this last week that have led to me posting earlier than I wanted to.

Being selfish here,  but your story of the day brought a tear to my eye..and I needed that kick up my selfish behind! Puts things in perspective cos I feel depressed about the season fizzling out again when I 'm desperate for promotion before my kids go 'big time' and glory hunt!! Let them support who they like as long as they're healthy eh!  Fingers crossed for you.

Archived