My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

@coneheadjohn you're my feckin hero mate. I avoid this thread as it's not an easy read so how you manage to stay strong and positive given it's your lad I have no idea. Keeping all fingers crossed for you, Joel and the Conehead clan. 

Thanks mate,

We’re no different than any other parents.

Joel’s the hero to me,some of the stuff he’s been through is bloody horrible and it’s highly likely he’s going to have more.

You lot help keep me positive.

And I know it can’t be a great read at times but I do spare you quite a bit if that’s any consolation.

Cheers for the support.

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

Thanks mate,

We’re no different than any other parents.

Joel’s the hero to me,some of the stuff he’s been through is bloody horrible and it’s highly likely he’s going to have more.

You lot help keep me positive.

And I know it can’t be a great read at times but I do spare you quite a bit if that’s any consolation.

Cheers for the support.

Sorry mate, must have sounded selfish. When I read this I can't help but think about my lad is what I meant. No way I could be as strong as you. 

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Sorry mate, must have sounded selfish. When I read this I can't help but think about my lad is what I meant. No way I could be as strong as you. 

I didn’t take it that way mate,it’s fine.

I completely understand.

And don’t be fooled,there’s plenty of tears from me,I have just mastered a system over the years where I put a time on it,so I give myself 10 minutes 20 minutes or whatever to be upset then I have to get on with it.

When I went for a run yesterday I actually stood outside Norton church and contemplated going in but I don’t believe in god so I didn’t,but I might do if I feel the need to.

Cheers

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

When I went for a run yesterday I actually stood outside Norton church and contemplated going in but I don’t believe in god so I didn’t,but I might do if I feel the need to.

You don't need a religon to feel the peace and quite that churches offer, and they won't convert you.  Try it, some find it quite relaxing.

22 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

You don't need a religon to feel the peace and quite that churches offer, and they won't convert you.  Try it, some find it quite relaxing.

I probably will mate,I was going to go before Joel’s first major operation in 2011.

Exactly same circumstances,out for a run,crying while I was running,stopped at Norton church but never went in,perhaps I should have.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright all,

I’ll keep it brief,feel free to reply.

Looks like Joel has  Cholesteatoma right side,we won’t know exactly what’s going on and what we can do till we’re back in Birmingham on the 21st.

We’re hopeful his left side is still clear.

Obviously this is not the news we wanted but if the left side is ok then I think we’ve got a chance to do something.

Joel’s ok,just told me to not bull poo him about it.

I’ll come back to you when I’ve some more info.

Thanks

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

Alright all,

Looks like Joel has  Cholesteatoma right side,we won’t know exactly what’s going on and what we can do till we’re back in Birmingham on the 21st.

Obviously this is not the news we wanted but if the left side is ok then I think we’ve got a chance to do something.

Thanks

We're all rooting for you guys, fella.

Once again, my bad week at work is put into sharp perspective.

6 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Alright all,

Thanks

Thoughts as always with all coneheads. I had to look up Cholesteatoma and wish you and Joel all the best

Archived