My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

Hope you don't mind me putting it on here.

His surgery will take place on the 4th of May at Queens in Birmingham.

It's been on then cancelled a couple of times due to the plastic surgery team not being available.

Joel will the first one of two nationally waiting for this surgery so we are all ok with this date.

He was seen in Sheffield last week where emergency surgery was considered but we all agreed to wait and do it properly.

It's nearly 12 months since his last op which went ok at first then left him rushed back in with an infection and we nearly lost him.

Anyway lads had a tough year,and we need this one to count.

I'll post on here when he's going in,massive thanks for all the offers of help and support.

Cheers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Hope you don't mind me putting it on here.

His surgery will take place on the 4th of May at Queens in Birmingham.

It's been on then cancelled a couple of times due to the plastic surgery team not being available.

Joel will the first one of two nationally waiting for this surgery so we are all ok with this date.

He was seen in Sheffield last week where emergency surgery was considered but we all agreed to wait and do it properly.

It's nearly 12 months since his last op which went ok at first then left him rushed back in with an infection and we nearly lost him.

Anyway lads had a tough year,and we need this one to count.

I'll post on here when he's going in,massive thanks for all the offers of help and support.

Cheers

Good luck to the Coneheads our thoughts are with you. I am sure 6203 forum users will be rooting for you.

Good luck.

14 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Wishing you and your lad the best @coneheadjohn.

It might not be my place to ask, but what exactly is he being operated on for?

That's fine mate,he was diagnosed with a condition called Cholesteatoma nearly 7 years ago,it has caused bone eating tumors to grow in his ear canal and the base of his skull.

I think this will be his 7th major op(lost count)plus umpteen minor ones.

His op will initially involve a lateral temporal bone resection,mastoid obliteration with blind sac closure using a temporatorial(can't spell it)rotational flap.There are some complicating factors but that's the crux of it.

11 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Puts a few lousy results into perspective this, sending best wishes for a successful outcome for Joel and the family conehead, :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

forgive my total ignorance here @coneheadjohn but I wasn't aware of your son and his situation.

But I echo the rest here, sincerely hoping it's is 100% successful. 

Well,that's why I snook it in now and Joel's not overly impressed either.

I did have another thread around xmas,I thought i'd put something on now which will be easier to add to when he's having the op and we're all losing our minds.

28 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

That's fine mate,he was diagnosed with a condition called Cholesteatoma nearly 7 years ago,it has caused bone eating tumors to grow in his ear canal and the base of his skull.

I think this will be his 7th major op(lost count)plus umpteen minor ones.

His op will initially involve a lateral temporal bone resection,mastoid obliteration with blind sac closure using a temporatorial(can't spell it)rotational flap.There are some complicating factors but that's the crux of it.

My medical knowledge is quite limited but that sounds like nasty stuff. Has it affected his hearing much?

Hope everything works out for the lad john and you can start getting life back to as normal as it is possible to be when faced with something as difficult and testing as this.

I cannot begin to imagine how tough it has been for you all.

Just gotta keep on going man and doing what you can do.

Best wishes.

9 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

My medical knowledge is quite limited but that sounds like nasty stuff. Has it affected his hearing much?

His right ear was fixed first op....incredible really and he retained 30% of his hearing ,ish.

His left side and everything in it and round it and parts of his skull were removed and fat from his belly put in last year so nothing that side.

8 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Hope everything works out for the lad john and you can start getting life back to as normal as it is possible to be when faced with something as difficult and testing as this.

I cannot begin to imagine how tough it has been for you all.

Just gotta keep on going man and doing what you can do.

Best wishes.

This forum helps me personally mate.

Everyones doing ok at the minute though I'm worrying more about the other 2 boys a bit more this year and shielding them/telling them.

As good as can be expected at the minute.

Archived