My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Are you going to carry on biking?

Of course he will, its just like...erm....riding a...ok i will stop now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Due to the Forecast of Heavy Snow I went to the Spar today on my bicycle, to buy a bottle of Jack Daniels, I put it in the bicycle basket. Then as I was about to leave, I thought to myself that if I fell off the bicycle, the bottle would break.
So I drank all the Jack Daniels before I cycled home.

Bloody good job I did, as I fell off the bike 7 times on the way home

4 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

At the moment I'm thinking yes, but I needs to improve physically, my damaged wrist won't grip a handlebar and I don't know about my leg yet. The other issue is mental, although I can't remember the accident part of me might remember when I get on a bike.

Hospital rang today,the MRI shows nothing of great concern but we have been called in for first thing March 21st to discuss the report.

So I’m just going to reserve judgement till we’ve had the consultation and been through everything.

Though we are pleased that we haven’t had to go in straight away.

No massive rush,we need to be making the right decisions this time about getting him better.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

bNpULaD.jpg

I know the appointments Wednesday but I’m going to I’m starting to get nervous so I’m going to bore you now.

When it comes to Wednesday I’m going put more info on as we go through the day and consultation.

From our point of view it will be the first time all 5 of us are going and the first time Jacob the youngest has been involved.

He’s been anxious about it says he wants to come so he is,he will probably have to sit out some parts and it is a risk but that’s what we’re doing.

Ultimately though the appointment is important the final decision on the way forward will be made in Birmingham later but we are hoping to get a few answers and a better idea where this is going,

The things I’m looking for from Prof Ray with our years of dealings are him holding his head in his hands,saying that it’s frustrating,telling us that Joel’s case is the worst he’s got and if he takes him off to scrape at his right ear I will be really concerned.

Joel’s not great at the minute and the pain from the left side of his head is getting progressively worse,he’s actually just sat down with me and said “Dad,I feel like ****”.

So we need to try and do something.

Trying to give him loads to look forward to,I don’t think he will agree to any surgery at this point but who knows.

Positive approach from us,whatever happens we will end up at the Carvery for a meal(unless Joel can’t eat).

He knows nothing can defeat someone who doesn’t give up and we’re not giving up.

Fingers crossed.

I’ll come back to you on Wednesday.

Thanks again,

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

bNpULaD.jpg

I know the appointments Wednesday but I’m going to I’m starting to get nervous so I’m going to bore you now.

When it comes to Wednesday I’m going put more info on as we go through the day and consultation.

From our point of view it will be the first time all 5 of us are going and the first time Jacob the youngest has been involved.

He’s been anxious about it says he wants to come so he is,he will probably have to sit out some parts and it is a risk but that’s what we’re doing.

Ultimately though the appointment is important the final decision on the way forward will be made in Birmingham later but we are hoping to get a few answers and a better idea where this is going,

The things I’m looking for from Prof Ray with our years of dealings are him holding his head in his hands,saying that it’s frustrating,telling us that Joel’s case is the worst he’s got and if he takes him off to scrape at his right ear I will be really concerned.

Joel’s not great at the minute and the pain from the left side of his head is getting progressively worse,he’s actually just sat down with me and said “Dad,I feel like ****”.

Trying to give him loads to look forward to,I don’t think he will agree to any surgery at this point but who knows.

Positive approach from us,whatever happens we will end up at the Carvery for a meal(unless Joel can’t eat).

He knows nothing can defeat someone who doesn’t give up and we’re not giving up.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

Fingers crossed too. Good luck.

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

bNpULaD.jpg

Fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

Puts all this nonsense about a postponed match into perspective.

Best of luck to you all on Wednesday - you sound like a close, loving family and deserve some positive news.

Life's challenging and busy at moment so not looked at forum for a few days....so had quick look only to see if there is an update from you. Postponed matches etc just not a concern when you have real stuff going on. Thinking of him and hope he gets the best news he can.

Archived