Goal Line Technology from 17/18

Day

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question would be is how much is it costing?

I support initiatives to make the game better but like anything it has to be a cost vs benefit deal.

In all seriousness how often does it happen that we aren't sure if a goal has crossed the line? Hardly ever in reality. Would love to know how many goals have been given or disallowed since its introduction.

Would much rather things stay as they are. All the pub debates whether it was over the line would cease to exist, I was challenged to a fight outside the navigation Inn due to me stating it wasn't over the line. I climbed out of the toilet window to avoid the fight mind but like I say

Leave it as it is. 

I personally am for it. 

We (royal) spend so much time debating the right decision by referees that if something as simple as this can aid in that then why not? Football shouldn't be held back from technology because "that's the way it's always been". 

I don't believe referees set out to have a bad game, but anything that can help aid them should be debated and trialled if it can be incorporated smoothly into the game. 

14 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

I can understand it for the championship but who is going to pay for it in the rest of the leagues.

There are barely enough people to watch the goals go in let alone monitor it.

Could be wrong but Isn't it done by sensors that are linked to the refs watch? Don't think it needs monitoring.

Archived