"Cheap" holiday sites

mrdave85

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I've missed an opportunity to point out that we do have a resident travel advisor amongst us. 

If you want something that's not a budget holiday but is the best deal, speak to Nick @therams69 

I hope that's his username anyway! 

Cheers mate!

For those that don't know I am a travel counsellor who runs my own business...

Like Mostyn has pointed out I don't do cheap. Pretty obvious why I don't ... But I do try and find deals and the best value for my clients...

Have had a quick read of the thread too...

Before I joined Travel Counsellors I was one of these that would search and book through an online site. Best prices and all that. Got stung with lowcostholidays. Nothing more to say here except thankfully we got lucky and the kids did not miss out on their summer holiday! Since joining Travel Counsellors it amazes me why you would risk doing so but that's my opinion being in the know! (yes ITK WHOOOP) - in fact I think there are around 5 out of 10 internet companies that are certainly selling lower than the net rate. When any business does that I think its pretty clear which way that is going to end up.

With us (travel counsellors) everything we book is 100% financially protected through our independent trust. In fact we offer the best financial cover in the entire industry. If a supplier we use goes bust your money is safe.

So if you are looking for a holiday please do give me a shout. Happy for you to PM me on here and we can go from there. Please no time wasters. If you are just looking for the cheapest price it really isn't something I do. The service you receive, the financial cover, the time spent researching etc etc - sure you all get my point!

Thanks for mention Mostyn!

Nick

I have never really had a bad experience booking anywhere online, but I know a few people who have. I tend to put the bits together myself, but that tends to just be a ferry / flight plus a hotel.

I'm pretty boring and either go to Belgium, Holland or Ireland.

36 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

7 nights Varadero, 3 nights Havana.

Not sure what to expect really. 

I went to Havana we had a guided tour and didn't have much free time. It's worth someone pointing out all the parts of the city.

Don't expect a lot apart from cigars and rum. 

All I can say is I really enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

7 nights Varadero, 3 nights Havana.

Not sure what to expect really. 

I went to Varadero 3 years ago with Thomas Cook everyone bar me it seems at the hotel we were at were struck down by food poisoning. The hotel itself was ok but there's hardly anything to do outside of the resort given that Varadero is effectively a huge cul de sac stuck on the end of a peninsula. Went to Havana on a day trip which was excellent well worth going there.

36 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I went to Varadero 3 years ago with Thomas Cook everyone bar me it seems at the hotel we were at were struck down by food poisoning. The hotel itself was ok but there's hardly anything to do outside of the resort given that Varadero is effectively a huge cul de sac stuck on the end of a peninsula. Went to Havana on a day trip which was excellent well worth going there.

Don't plan to do much on the beach, so not really bothered what is about.. Just chill time. Staying at the Royalton..

ive got the constitution of an Ox, eaten some stuff that probably should not be eaten.. The missus on the other hand will turn veggie when she is out there.. Was her turn to choose where we went as well.

Looking forward to seeing Havana though.

Archived