Fireplace carpark

Tommorow rams

Just now, ketteringram said:

I'd think demand for parking from now on, will plummet. I read Season over somewhere. So attendances will fall off rapidly. Plus, hardly any Saturday games left now. Surely crowds are lower for weeknight games. 

Hell by the time we've had the big summer clear out, we'll be able to park in the players car park next season. 

Suits me sir!:lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

There is no plans now that why still open

http://www.derby.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/roads-highways-pavements/a52-wyvern-transport-improvements/

February 2017

All objections to The Derby City Council (A52 Wyvern Transport Improvements) Compulsory Purchase Order 2016 have been withdrawn.  The Public Inquiry due to commence on 7th February 2017 has been cancelled.

What is the scheme?

The aim of the scheme is to carry out network management improvements on the A52 and Wyvern to improve journey times and reliability, provide safer travel opportunities, increase sustainable travel and support wider economic growth. The scheme includes:

extra lanes and a 50mph speed limit on the A52, near the Wyvern junctions

carriageway resurfacing and replacement safety barriers

a new two lane slip road off the A52 into Wyvern/Pride Park

a new signal controlled crossroads at the junction of Wyvern Way and Derwent Parade, with bus priority detectors on the westbound approach

improvements to help pedestrians and cyclists, including new shared use routes and new crossing facilities

a replacement wider pedestrian and cycle bridge across the A52 from Meadow Lane, Chaddesden to Wyvern, with ramps so that it is accessible to all users

improvements to sustainable drainage systems.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

http://www.derby.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/roads-highways-pavements/a52-wyvern-transport-improvements/

February 2017

All objections to The Derby City Council (A52 Wyvern Transport Improvements) Compulsory Purchase Order 2016 have been withdrawn.  The Public Inquiry due to commence on 7th February 2017 has been cancelled.

What is the scheme?

The aim of the scheme is to carry out network management improvements on the A52 and Wyvern to improve journey times and reliability, provide safer travel opportunities, increase sustainable travel and support wider economic growth. The scheme includes:

a new signal controlled crossroads at the junction of Wyvern Way and Derwent Parade, with bus priority detectors on the westbound approach

improvements to help pedestrians and cyclists, including new shared use routes and new crossing facilities

a replacement wider pedestrian and cycle bridge across the A52 from Meadow Lane, Chaddesden to Wyvern, with ramps so that it is accessible to all users

will be good, sadly will be carnage while they carry out the work

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

February 2017

What is the scheme?

Rubbish, B4 said so

It's a shame that the old bridge with its steps are to replaced. There's something oddly amusing whenever somebody trips on the phantom last step when heading towards Chad. 

I will also miss the general abuse given out to an unsuspecting member of the public when they are walking in the opposite direction to everybody else - especially if the protagonist is pushing a bicycle. 

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

It's a shame that the old bridge with its steps are to replaced. There's something oddly amusing whenever somebody trips on the phantom last step when heading towards Chad. 

I will also miss the general abuse given out to an unsuspecting member of the public when they are walking in the opposite direction to everybody else - especially if the protagonist is pushing a bicycle. 

Car dodging from exasperated people who have been queuing 40 minutes to get out of the fireplace car park is also quite good fun when trying to get on the bridge.

As is standing in the back of the queue to get over the bridge right in the path of rather large ancient double deckers and people vans when they let them go from the Wyvern bridge well after full time in a scene reminiscent of the start of the Le Mans 24 hours race.

24 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I wasn't entirely amused when I tripped there and broke my wrist!

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Only if your not paying attention to what you are doing when things happen like that

Or in a large crowd and can't see the floor beneath you B4, and don't expect it.

have you been over that bridge on your own B4 in a large crowd?

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Only if your not paying attention to what you are doing when things happen like that

Of course you are correct for pretty much any accident that occurs anywhere.

Genius logic though, we could cut queues and waiting times in A&E simply by telling everyone to pay more attention to what they are doing....why didnt anyone think of that before?

:D

Why do so many people use the footbridge over to Meadow Lane? For Christ sake there's another footbridge over to Highfield Lane!

I live on Wood Road so parking isn't an issue for me but the clusterf**k at the Meadow Lane footbridge is, until I discovered it was quicker to walk down the side of Costco. We really are as sheepy as our nickname suggests sometimes!

17 hours ago, I Am Sheep said:

Why do so many people use the footbridge over to Meadow Lane? For Christ sake there's another footbridge over to Highfield Lane!

I live on Wood Road so parking isn't an issue for me but the clusterf**k at the Meadow Lane footbridge is, until I discovered it was quicker to walk down the side of Costco. We really are as sheepy as our nickname suggests sometimes!

Theres a troll living under that bridge, that's why.

no, not me.

Archived