Jump to content

Fireplace carpark


Tommorow rams
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tommorow rams said:

New to this forum can anyone help heard last night fireplace carpark will be closing soon any ideas were to park need to be that side of bridge to get back after game been parking there years don't fancy parking other side of ground as roads closed after game 

Thats bad news especiually as toys r us has also cut down on spaces. I hope they let everyone know in advance or it will be chaos when everyone turns up looking to park.

I think some people park near the premier inn, its on the other side of the park (sainsburys end).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, irobinson said:

Pity it's shutting - we've got plenty of deadwood for it.

Thats not a nice thing to say about some forum members. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Thats bad news especiually as toys r us has also cut down on spaces. I hope they let everyone know in advance or it will be chaos when everyone turns up looking to park.

I think some people park near the premier inn, its on the other side of the park (sainsburys end).

 

To be honest it gone down hill last year people who run it now always late twice I've bin blocked in because car in way is the premier inn the other side of footbridge 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do believe that it is closing due to imminent major roadworks to improve access to Pride Park and Wyvern. 

Where these cars will park in the future is anyone's guess. Residents of Chad won't be impressed by the inevitable increase in parking in residential areas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Tommorow rams said:

To be honest it gone down hill last year people who run it now always late twice I've bin blocked in because car in way is the premier inn the other side of footbridge 

No same side but a further walk over the retail park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd think demand for parking from now on, will plummet. I read Season over somewhere. So attendances will fall off rapidly. Plus, hardly any Saturday games left now. Surely crowds are lower for weeknight games. 

Hell by the time we've had the big summer clear out, we'll be able to park in the players car park next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

I do believe that it is closing due to imminent major roadworks to improve access to Pride Park and Wyvern. 

Where these cars will park in the future is anyone's guess. Residents of Chad won't be impressed by the inevitable increase in parking in residential areas. 

Apparently they are building a new two lane slip road in place of that ropey 30mph road that has a pedestrian crossing just round that blind bend.

Fingers crossed it means they are going to demolish that gigantic eyesore that is the fireplace building.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Apparently they are building a new two lane slip road in place of that ropey 30mph road that has a pedestrian crossing just round that blind bend.

Fingers crossed it means they are going to demolish that gigantic eyesore that is the fireplace building.

Eye sore?

its an old railway building I'll have you know!

The old chad sidings covered that whole site in the good old days before the roads took over.

i agree though, it is a sad sight for me too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Eye sore?

its an old railway building I'll have you know!

The old chad sidings covered that whole site in the good old days before the roads took over.

i agree though, it is a sad sight for me too.

Sacrilege. 

Me Dad worked there for over 30 years....i think he was Boycie's dad's foreman once...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.