Anya

Curtains

I like him a lot, but there's two things 1) he's never looked £4m when Ince was £4.5 and 2) he's not really delivered in a Derby shirt.

Given those two common opinions, its not surprising he doesn't get a whole lot of love on here.

But....

I think he's going to thrive this season as long as he stays injury free.

He's also clearly a good guy to have around the squad (positive, enthusiastic, just absolutely loves that he gets to be a footballer)....but he'd do my head in as a room mate...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anya is a good player full stop. 

He's not outstanding, but he doesn't really have a position and it's helped and hindered him. 

He's as important as anyone else to us, because if Rowett wants a small squad, it's beneficial to have a player that's played almost every position at this level and internationally in your squad. I don't think he'll be anyone's number one right back, left midfielder, winger...etc, but I guarantee he's on everyone's bench and he has the pace to cause problems. 

Likeable character, too, which certainly helps. 

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

1) he's never looked £4m when Ince was £4.5

Agree with the rest of your post, but Ince £4.5m? Isn't the common assumption that Ince is 8million up front and up to 11.5 million in add ons?

29 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

For someone who apparently has two parents with PHDs he does sound funny. What accent is that?

I believe one of his parents is Nigerian, the other is Romanian, he was born in Scotland and moved to Oxford part way through his childhood. Then don't forget he's played in Spain. No wonder the accent is all over the place.

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

I believe one of his parents is Nigerian, the other is Romanian, he was born in Scotland and moved to Oxford part way through his childhood. Then don't forget he's played in Spain. No wonder the accent is all over the place.

I think he was able to choose from at least four countries for international football (but stayed true to growing up in Castlemilk)

On 12 February 2017 at 17:03, smiths_tavrn said:

Dwarves?? Olsson and Butterfield are 5'11. Hughes is 6'1.

Must be standing on bricks.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think he was able to choose from at least four countries for international football (but stayed true to growing up in Castlemilk)

Castlemilk?

there's no such place.

Archived