Anya

Curtains

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I thought he was our best player against Leicester. Made a difference yesterday as well. I would be starting him down the left over Russell and Camara based on current form.

He was amazing and sparked everyone else. .

Butterfield also deserves a mention. 

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

He's a breath of fresh air and i think we can all agree that Nigel Pearson fluked it big style bringing him in.

FTFY

Anya is a good footballer, he doesn't really have any weaknesses and does a good job in so many positions.

By the same token, he's definitely not an attacking outlet and we effectively play the LW as a striker. 

Nevertheless, I'd probably have him as my first choice at the moment. It will change in a couple of weeks though. 

• 4 months later...

I'm probably alone in this but I actually like Anya. He's reasonably solid as a footballer both going forward and backwards, plus his pace is very dangerous. Would have to say his final ball can be quite poor at times, though. Personally I feel that his versatility is another factor which makes him a really useful player to have given that he can competently play in about 3 or 4 positions. 

Started off very bright when he first joined I thought but struggled after an injury (I think he got injured, but haven't double checked). I'm backing him to do well this season.

Archived