Bents Penalties

rammieib

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I can only remember the one miss for us (Reading home) but every penalty he takes is always to the same corner. Goalies know this know and always go that way. Mix it up Benty!

It doesn't matter if you keep going the same way, as long as it is right in the corner and with pace, most keepers won't save it. Remember Van Nistelrooy? Bottom right corner every time without fail, and the keepers knew where it was going, but he always scored. 

31 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I can only remember the one miss for us (Reading home) but every penalty he takes is always to the same corner. Goalies know this know and always go that way. Mix it up Benty!

He scored. This is like me saying going all in on pocket 2s with a flop of ace king queen at Texas Holdem 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

No he keep doing it as much he likes rather than you want to 'mix it up' you're not the penalty expert. :lol:

42 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

It doesn't matter if you keep going the same way, as long as it is right in the corner and with pace, most keepers won't save it. Remember Van Nistelrooy? Bottom right corner every time without fail, and the keepers knew where it was going, but he always scored. 

Other than this one I guess?

I can see what you are saying, but personally I would only advise someone to do something different if they were failing 

From what I can tell, penalty taking is a science, not an art. Its one of the reason why we as a nation have been so poor at it. It hasn't been taken seriously enough. Its not something that should only be thought about in the instant that it arises.

Darren has a pre-determined method coupled with  a belief that he is definitely going to score. He wants it and is not afraid of it. Its no coincidence that his method is successful - it has all the ingredients that the experts say you need to score from penalties.

When he steps up , I am confident that he will score. Over the recent years with other players that hasn't always been the case.

As a fan , there are few more frustrating things than my team missing from penalties - its such a gilt-edged gimme. With Darren i am confident in the vast majority of times it won't be wasted.

1 hour ago, jono said:

Yesterday was First time in my life I couldn't watch a pen. 

Patting myself on the back ..wise decision, obviously helped Darren a great deal 

It's down to you Jono. You should get an official assist for that!

Archived