When Tom Ince scores...

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was feeling really narky I'd go to that clear out the dead wood thread and paste a list of all the plonkers who said at various times : luxury player, doesn't track back, lazy, not a team player, only interested in himself ... Blah blah blah 

but I'm not .. I just smile quietly to myself and nod to those on here who knew what I know. 

Magician. 

And I am hoping with Nugent to one/two with he might get even better. 

You can tell it's the night before a game, I get all combative and happy clappy at the same time :unsure:

6 hours ago, Ninos said:

He's taken it to a new level with regards to his efficiency, goal scoring, and sheer workrate.

Was going to say something along the same lines. His tracking back has been immense then his energy to try and support the attack. Saved me a long post!

9 hours ago, jono said:

If I was feeling really narky I'd go to that clear out the dead wood thread and paste a list of all the plonkers who said at various times : luxury player, doesn't track back, lazy, not a team player, only interested in himself ... Blah blah blah 

but I'm not .. I just smile quietly to myself and nod to those on here who knew what I know. 

Magician. 

And I am hoping with Nugent to one/two with he might get even better. 

You can tell it's the night before a game, I get all combative and happy clappy at the same time :unsure:

I think there are very few that have doubted his talent but there is no denying that there have been large spells where he failed to deliver on that talent.

We are now finally getting consistent levels of excellence from him and he is rightly receiving the praise he deserves for that.

I would be interested to see the comparative stats for the 4 different managers he has played for here.

I imagine his stats under Clement were pretty woeful, one hat-trick aside.

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Have any of his goals come from penalties which helps boost the goal scoring tally of the likes of Bent, Martin etc. I don't think so. If not, it's even more impressive 

Well he missed 2 against Rotherham and scored from the rebound on 1 of them so does that count?

55 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

If we don't go up this year which is looking like s tall ask, I could see it being difficult for us to hold on to him in the summer. There's enough teams up there (bottom half) who play similarly to us/with a number 10 that could benefit from him.

You are right, it is always a concern with talented players. I am just hoping he is happy here and that first team football along with locL hero  status will be enough for another crack next season, but money talks. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think there are very few that have doubted his talent but there is no denying that there have been large spells where he failed to deliver on that talent.

We are now finally getting consistent levels of excellence from him and he is rightly receiving the praise he deserves for that.

I would be interested to see the comparative stats for the 4 different managers he has played for here.

I imagine his stats under Clement were pretty woeful, one hat-trick aside.

I don't think it was him that failed to deliver but the teams negativity. If you watch him he's always urging his team to press forward waving them forward. If they don't press as a team he gets isolated and frustrated.

his tracking back has been outstanding this season and he's probably headed more balls this season than in his whole career. Still woeful at his timing for his headers though!!

Archived