Left Wing

Day

Left Wing  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went for Anya. I think he is the most tidy and consistent of the 3. His weakness is he is not much of a goal threat. Russell is far more dangerous but is totally out of form this year. Camara one game looks like a world beater the next looks like an amateur. I think he is best suited as an impact sub.

overall I can see a new signing in the summer. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I went for Anya. I think he is the most tidy and consistent of the 3. His weakness is he is not much of a goal threat. Russell is far more dangerous but is totally out of form this year. Camara one game looks like a world beater the next looks like an amateur. I think he is best suited as an impact sub.

overall I can see a new signing in the summer. 

Agree on Camara.

Ive said countless times before certain players are good in certain games and certain situations, infact we have too many at Derby who are only good when it suits them.

Camara is very effective coming off the bench when we need a goal, or perhaps we are chasing the game, when we as a team have the opposition pegged back. Like at Newcastle or the closing minutes of the leicester home game. Put him in any game from the start when he often is receiving the ball nearer halfway, and he isnt anything like as effective.

Russell is the best player given all game types, and is the best goal threat, but Anya certainly at the moment seems the best dribbler at successfully taking players on and beating them.

On 11 February 2017 at 19:58, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Russell has been rubbish for months, Camara had his chance today and didn't take it. So on that basis, I'd say give Anya a go. Really though, a left winger should have been signed in Jan. 

Let's try Vydra there :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Fair enough...If he could make a go at it and be effective then why not

It hasn't worked at Derby for him, but unlike a certain other striker I see much more of a player in him and it seems a waste just to wash your hands and wait for a multi million write down in the books

22 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yes, but playing them on the correct side gives them the opportunity to take the fullback on and get to the byline for crosses and cutbacks while also leaving more space to come inside on the strong foot should they choose. Playing them wide on their wrong foot means they will always cut inside so it's the easiest thing in the world to defend against.

Is it? Left footed Ince on the right means the left footed left back is defending on his weak foot. If he can't do it, the centre back will either have to go to the winger and abandon the central striker or Ince will shoot and score.

If the fullback does follow him and pressure him, the overlapping Christie or Baird can be there open to cross instead. Running down the line on a stronger foot means the fullback can not only defend on his stronger foot, but he's in position to stop the overlapping full back and also shepherd the winger into the corner, where he'll likely concede a corner but it doesn't matter because the goals rate from corners in the game generally is abysmal, let alone Derbys even more inferior rate. 

Archived