Arsène Wenger

Day

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope wenger does leave. The entitled arsenal fans might look back and think it was actually OK when they are competing for 12th in the premier league.

On 10/02/2017 at 21:25, Paul71 said:

I hope wenger does leave. The entitled arsenal fans might look back and think it was actually OK when they are competing for 12th in the premier league.

Spot on. The top teams in London are currently Chelsea (uber bucks and generally good manager choices) and Arsenal,  thanks to Wenger. The moment he leaves I think Spurs will overtake them.

• 3 weeks later...

Dragging up this thread with a Friday afternoon thought I wanted to pose to people:

It might be too early to judge Arsene Wenger...

There have been two periods in English top flight football where a single team has totally dominated - Liverpool in the 70s and 80s and Man Utd in the 90s and 00s - In both time periods that single team has won more than half of the league titles on offer...

With two titles and two second places in the last 5 years we could be entering a period of Man City dominance - Or we could be entering a period where no single team dominates the league

Is it fair to get rid of a manager who has been capable of competing with the best when we're potentially at the start of a period of openness in the competition?

In my opinion, the only person who should decide when Wenger leaves is Arsene himself.

He's earned the right to be the one who says when it's time to call it a day. Unless they are in danger of not competing for the top 5 he's doing a decent job.

Football fans and pundits who want him out or who are looking to cause a bit of a stir, are (on the whole) drama queens.

Teams like Blackpool, Leyton Orient, Coventry and Blackburn are teams in crisis.  Owners who are strangling their respective clubs to the brink of oblivion in some cases.

However, Arsenal are really the club in crisis, as they might finish outside the top 4 for the first time in about 20 years and are only in the running for 1 trophy this season.

I hope he does go and Arsenal follow a similar trajectory to Man Utd, or worse!

3 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Teams like Blackpool, Leyton Orient, Coventry and Blackburn are teams in crisis.  Owners who are strangling their respective clubs to the brink of oblivion in some cases.

However, Arsenal are really the club in crisis, as they might finish outside the top 4 for the first time in about 20 years and are only in the running for 1 trophy this season.

I hope he does go and Arsenal follow a similar trajectory to Leeds Utd, or worse!

FTFY

Archived