Warburton Leaves Rangers

Pearl Ram

48 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A levering out going on?

Rangers have been disappointing in their first year back in the top flight.

Big signings not worked out, kept losing to Celtic, not decisively clear of Aberdeen, not "getting" the Scottish media spotlight on the old firm which ramped up after they got promoted ("why the negativity guys" "its Scottish for loving affection now GTF fannybaws" )

I'm not surprised, if you thought Newcastle's fans were unrealistic, they got nothing on the bears.

I'm reading that it's a hoax and the official website has been hacked. Jim Traynor at his best.....

Definitely something going on what with the Davies rumours earlier in the week, but Forest is a gamble. Surely he stays and waits for the compo from Dave King. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest being that he accepted the Forest job and resigned from Rangers. Fawaz went back on his word and withdrew the offer so Warburton went back to tell board he wants to stay. 

The story gets leaked, the Rangers fans turn on Warburton, the board accepts his resignation and no payout required. Bring in King Billy and everything turns out rosey.......

Rangers call Mark Warburton's bluff after agent tried to broker his exit only to find Nottingham Forest were sticking by interim boss

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-call-mark-warburtons-bluff-9796314

The Rangers board tonight called the bluff of Mark Warburton and accepted the resignation of the Ibrox boss.

Warburton, assistant David Weir and director of recruitment Frank McParland left their posts after 48 hours of cloak and dagger moves behind the scenes in the Blueroom.

Record Sport can reveal the Rangers board were approached in midweek by Dave Lockwood, an agent representing Warburton and Weir, and asked if he could broker a deal for his clients.

He suggested a proposal aimed to find the coaching duo, along with McParland, a new club on the condition Rangers waived their right to around £1 million compensation from any new employer.

Rangers have suspected for months that Warburton had been hatching an escape plan and agreed to the exit proposal to give a new coaching team time to consolidate a place in Europe at the end of the season.

Subsequently, Warburton was heavily backed to become the new boss of Nottingham Forest before the Championship club decided to stick with interim boss Gary Brazil until the end of the season.

Approximately 24 hours after brokering his deal with the Rangers board, Lockwood then attempted to move the goalposts and said the management staff would be happy to work on at Ibrox, but would still expect to leave for no compensation when the time was right.

Furious, Rangers directors called a board meeting - and tonight they moved, accepting what they claim was the trio’s original resignation and putting them on notice.

They will not take control of the team again and under-20 coach Graham Murty has been put in charge for tomorrow’s Scottish Cup tie against Morton at Ibrox.

One insider said: “It has been clear for some time the manager has been looking elsewhere and the suspicion was confirmed when his agent initiated contact with the board this week.

“The agent took a gamble on behalf of his client and it didn’t work.

"Rangers are bigger than any one person and the most important thing is finding the stability to take the club to second in the Premiership this season and securing Europa League football next season.”

Warburton and McParland have been under increasing pressure for the failure of their signings to hit the ground running, particularly since the start of the season.

They have signed 13 players and forked out almost £3.5 million in transfer fees, but few of McParland’s recommendations have been a success.

Rangers are languishing 27 points behind Celtic in the title race when Warburton was charged with keeping his side competitive with the reigning champions, at least until the latter stages of their return to the top flight.

Of more concern to the board has been the failure of Warburton’s squad to broker daylight between themselves in second and Aberdeen and Hearts, despite having up to four times the budget of Derek McInnes and Ian Cathro.

14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think just clear second was the target, I understand rangers budget is well behind Celtic, but significantly higher than any non old firm teams.

I'm amused by fawaz part in this if true.

Sounds like Fawaz didn't want to pay compensation, and an agent tried to negotiate with the Rangers board a release without Forest having to pay. I see the media have begun slagging off Warburton. No doubt they are being told what to print by Ibrox. 

2 clubs with massive debts, being kept alive by loans being turned into debt. 

King reckons he's done 18m of the 30m promised.....and says it might take another 30m to get them competitive!!!!! 

Absolute madness and the idiots lap it up. Ashley has a court date next month, I think, regarding the retail deal. 

If any of this is true then Uncle F must be offering him a king's ransom to go to the council shed.  Why else would you walk out of possible a Europa Cup campaign every year to fight relegation???  I used to like him as a man, and really rate him as a coach, but he's gone down in my estimation...

Archived