Foods that you hate but everyone else seems to love...

IlsonDerby

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Sausage rolls. Sausage/Pastry combo sounds like it should be made in heaven - but they're always terrible, even from a butcher.

And crumpets have always pissed me off.

Go to Barry Fitch's in Little Eaton

On 08/02/2017 at 03:20, RamNut said:

Hates

anything related to offal or innards e.g. Kidney,liver, tripe, sweetbreads, glands, testicles, intestines, roe etc

anything derived from an animals head e.g. Brain, tongue, eyes, cheeks, 

anything leaching blood or containing veins or stringy things or gristle 

udders, trotters, tails, frogs, snails, rodents, insects, baby birds, dogs, cats or other oriental bush meat

lobsters because its cruel and they are so much more interesting alive

Soft runny eggs - yokes or whites - runny omelettes

Unfortunately bread, cake and pastry gives me heartburn

blue cheese - horrible - makes me mouth itch, same with mature cheddar

soft smelly french cheese

shellfish, mussels, prawns with black shiny eyes, 

Mushrooms - not overly keen

nothing dripping in butter - especially corgettes

aubergines - horrible

lumps of fat

Thai fish fermented yukky ***** that smells like doggy do

Fish sticks

stuff that really should have been buried or thrown overboard

Very creamy or warm milky stuff that gives you the *****

Milky bars and white chocolate that is so sweet that you feel immediately sick

strange stuff - like squid ink

anything i remember vomitting 

The Bruised soggy bits of bananas

.....Not fussy tbh. 

You poor fecker.?

I've got a great photo of our Christmas dinner last year but I can't download it from Tiny Pics for some reason.

Lobster, Crab, Scallops, Squid, massive prawns, Mussels.. Just great big platters of fish... Absolutely lovely..

Oh and the best chips I have ever eaten.

13 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I've got a great photo of our Christmas dinner last year but I can't download it from Tiny Pics for some reason.

Lobster, Crab, Scallops, Squid, massive prawns, Mussels.. Just great big platters of fish... Absolutely lovely..

Thats just wrong on so many levels.

On 2/9/2017 at 21:46, Angry Ram said:

Found it... @froggg will appreciate.

esql28.jpg

Best Xmas dinner ever :D

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

Scrap the mussels and scallops because they would kill me, but that looks peng. Innit.

Massive bucket of Mussels to the side, not in shot. Had 3 of these puppies between 6 of us.. Only Little Angry bottled it, went for the medium rare stake. Whimp.

There aren't really any foods that I hate. There are some things I can't understand why people make a big fuss over them.

Oreos - Cheap ***** that barely even qualifies as a real biscuit. Into the trash they go.

Fizzy pops - One of the most depressingly pointless conversations I've heard numerous times in my life is people talking about how much better one bottle of carbonated sugars than another bottle of carbonated sugars. They're so unbelievably and unnecessarily expensive too.

Fish and chips (hoity toity la dee da style) - I love fish and chips, but I hate people who get pretentious about their quality and preparation. If you want to enjoy a genuinely high quality piece of fish, don't sling it in a deep fat fryer in the first place! It would be like going for a mucky kebab and insisting that it's filled with sirloin steak before you dump a load of chilli and garlic sauce over it. Chip shop chips don't need to be hand cut, nor do they need to be arranged in a tower. And as for the people who serve it with lemon.... The only use I'd have for lemon on a plate of fish and chips is to squeeze the juice directly into the eyes of the fool who put it there.

6 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Talking of pretentious cheffy speak..........crushed potato and pea purée, why not just call it mash n mushy peas!

Nice foods being reduced to "foam" seems to be in vogue right now. I can't really describe how furious I was when, on the latest series of masterchef, parsnips in a roast dinner were reduced to two indescribably small blobs of anemic residue.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 20:11, JoetheRam said:

I far from hate it, but it's not worthy of the adoration it receives:

Bacon.

I mean I like a bacon cob now and then or a full English, but the way some people go on about it you'd think it was one of the seven wonders.

It is.

Archived