Foods that you hate but everyone else seems to love...

IlsonDerby

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Squid rings, how can anyone stuff these down their throat!

o-DAMP-SQUID-facebook.jpg

I'll stick to me tripe, black pudding, chitterlings, polony, brawn and pork scratchings thanks.......Derby tapas. :thumbsup:

Everything but the tripe for me. Chitterlings with pepper, vinegar and a chunk of buttered bread :wub:

14 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Am I alone in not loathing any food or drink item?

There are things that I wouldn't choose first such as sprouts. But if they turned up on my plate it'd be a "meh " and down the hatch they'd go.

That Boycie feller - sure he's from Belper?  Not liking his liver etc??? He'll be saying he'd prefer to avoid chitterlings next.....

Chitterlings? 

I haven't got the guts to try them.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Chitterlings? 

I haven't got the guts to try them.

Used to be able to pick up a packet from Maycocks butchers which was by the Black Bulls Head (back in the day).

course its all changed now and come to think of it the Black Bulls Head used to be just the plain old Bulls Head. Wonder what encouraged him to black up?:lol:

Phobias: Baked beans; mayonnaise; salad cream; cooked eggs (ok with them in cakes).

Strongly dislike: Vinegar; mushy peas; gravy (unless I've made it); hot custard.

What I love that other household members hate: Olives; aubergines; fiery hot chillies; stinky cheese; artichokes; lime pickle; kippers.

15 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Raisins, Currants,Sultanas. 

Vile disgusting little things. Apparently they're 'juicy' 

If you take a grape and remove the water/liquid how can what remains be juicy? Devils spawn.

I can eat bags of Raisins at a time, delicious little buggers.

Peaches for me, though that's down to some Peach schnapps in 2009 that have ruined the fruit forever for me, can't go past the smell of them in the fruit section without feeling nauseous...

6 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Sausage rolls. Sausage/Pastry combo sounds like it should be made in heaven - but they're always terrible, even from a butcher.

And crumpets have always pissed me off.

The "sausage" in a sausage roll is never anything like the porky perfection of prime pork bangers, why? Surely someone would have cottoned on to the fact that the pink sh1te in our sausage rolls is just not acceptable.

23 hours ago, Ewetube said:

Phobias: Baked beans; mayonnaise; salad cream; cooked eggs (ok with them in cakes).

Strongly dislike: Vinegar; mushy peas; gravy (unless I've made it); hot custard.

What I love that other household members hate: Olives; aubergines; fiery hot chillies; stinky cheese; artichokes; lime pickle; kippers.

Ugh, lime pickle is disgusting.

I don't like green peppers. Can just about eat the other colours if they're well cooked (soggy)

Drink wise - I can smell Pernod from a hundred paces, can't stand the stuff.  Maybe something to do with drinking it neat waiting for a bus to Belper many moons ago Kept swigging it and bringing most of it back. Ugh. 

Onions:  Onion Mafia - But onions make all food better, you love onions but just don't know it.  Me -  No, they are awful, they ruin food, i hate them.  Onion Mafia - No, you really love them

Cheesecake:  Looks really inviting, but it's a trap, it's disgusting and the creamy texture just adds to the vileness

Olives:  Am constantly told how good they are for me, but black or green, i'd have to swallow them whole to get them down.  Nasty aftertaste too

Archived