Paul Clement

Waffle

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Swansea could be winning today without any manager or coaching staff at all

Yep, well Clement is playing Leicester who are truly awful and couldn't even beat a team in the championship right now, let alone the premier league.

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

Yep, well Clement is playing Leicester who are truly awful and couldn't even beat a team in the championship right now, let alone the premier league.

Was Wednesday night a mirage? 

Clement is doing an excellent job but you have to feel this is a job that is tailor-made for him and this is a big slice of redemption pie for the owners.

They are achieving excellent results but with the quality they have, rightly so!

They should have never looked so doomed in the first place.

The trouble is that similar to us, if their spine of key players aren't influencing games, the whole team stops functioning.

Fabianski is a top class, vastly experienced goalkeeper.

Sigurdsson is almost the complete midfielder and would walk into all but 4-5 sides in that division.

Llorente has played at the highest level for both club and country and there are not many strikers playing for teams in the bottom half with a CV to rival his.

Fernandez and Williams were a very solid partnership and the loss of Williams was very destabilising. While he is flourishing right now, I still consider Mawson too raw and expect them to strengthen there in the summer.

But aside from the Liverpool result, in any other campaign, these results would not be notable for a club as well-run and established as Swansea have been.

Still, I wish Clement well and he deserves a lot of credit for lifting and getting the most out of a underperforming but talented group.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen Paul Clement on motd 2 being interviewed by gabby logan. 

She referenced his stint at Derby. His responses were I thought interesting. 

- I wasn't successful 

- but neither was it a failure 

- I did think my time there was cut short.

Was kind of expecting more fudging if the cause of shenanigans was truly the cause of pcs demise.

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

- I wasn't successful 

Was kind of expecting more fudging if the cause of shenanigans was truly the cause of pcs demise.

I must say I agree with his points, we were 5th I think when he was sacked? It was cut short but if shenanigans were too blame he can't say much else. 

On 23/02/2017 at 22:42, HantsRam said:

- I wasn't successful 

Agree with those, don't think we will ever know exactly why he was sacked and rightly so.

He's going to be a top manager, think we have more missed out there.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Swansea look like a completely different side under Clement. 

I agreed with his sacking at the time (not going to go into why), was I wrong? Was Mel wrong? 

Be interesting to do a poll now we have hindsight...

What a manager does for one team doesn't mean he would have done it at another team.

24 minutes ago, rynny said:

What a manager does for one team doesn't mean he would have done it at another team.

No - tbf he's used to setting plans for better players. We just weren't quite good enough to carry out his instructions. I hope he does well as he seems a decent chap.

Archived