Paul Clement

Waffle

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I would suggest he wouldn't have been sacked if we were top of the league. Regardless of what Uncle Mel said.

I would also suggest if his relationship with MM had been in better shape he wouldn't have been sacked with results as they were at the time. It's an odd one without knowing from "the inside".

26 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I would suggest he wouldn't have been sacked if we were top of the league. Regardless of what Uncle Mel said.

I would agree with your suggestion. I don't doubt for a second that the results made it easier but they were the straw that broke the camels back 

12 minutes ago, David said:

I would agree with your suggestion. I don't doubt for a second that the results made it easier but they were the straw that broke the camels back 

are you saying that Clement cancelled the catering order for Sausages and Bacon?

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I would also suggest if his relationship with MM had been in better shape he wouldn't have been sacked with results as they were at the time. It's an odd one without knowing from "the inside".

Rule #1 of any job - keep your immediate boss happy. If you do that everything else just starts to fall into place.

I liked him. Good luck to him.

Didn't want him sacked but don't know if it was the right decision or not.

The Reading game at home was humiliating though. I think we drew but only because Reading were pooh upfront (did they have Vydra?)

I'll never forget that left side he stuck with for a while. Shackell, Warnock, Johnson and Russell. Some of the most painful football you can see came on that left side.

I don't think if he does well it would prove Mel wrong or if he's rubbish it proves Mel right. You have to go back to the time the decision was made. It was harsh but there were several problems  

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

I liked him. Good luck to him.

Didn't want him sacked but don't know if it was the right decision or not.

The Reading game at home was humiliating though. I think we drew but only because Reading were pooh upfront (did they have Vydra?)

I'll never forget that left side he stuck with for a while. Shackell, Warnock, Johnson and Russell. Some of the most painful football you can see came on that left side.

I don't think if he does well it would prove Mel wrong or if he's rubbish it proves Mel right. You have to go back to the time the decision was made. It was harsh but there were several problems  

I agree, and he did mess about with the team to much in January, trying to shoehorn players in at the expense of those that had got us in the posiiton we had? Sound familiar, Billy did just the same in our promotion season and was fortunate enough to creep over the line in 3rd place.

12 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Rule #1 of any job - keep your immediate boss happy. If you do that everything else just starts to fall into place.

Doesn't work if you're boss is rubbish at his job! 

1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I understood sacking Clement if he didn't fit the clubs philosophy, but that argument went out the water when Mel appointed Pearson. Makes the Clement sacking more stupid. 

Mel caved in to fan reaction. Wassall was doing a very good job yet the sheer anger from fans was overwhelming.

We was told Pearson bought into the Derby Way in the interview process, 4-3-3, attacking entertaining football then went completely the opposite direction once he pulled the Derby training top on which is why again he didn't last 5 minutes. 

Same with Clement.

5238989+_c6165bd791ce9ae9bfd758e86ae36c91.jpg

The players were also made aware we would be heading in the same direction, comes as no surprise that they were underperforming or wanting out from Pearson.

Leicester used to rip teams apart including us so it's not unthinkable he wasn't capable of it.

You can argue why not block the Martin move but he wanted out at the time and as we've also been told several times Mel will back his manager 100%. Be interesting to see if that is maybe tested in future having seen the damage one manager can cause in such a short space of time. Worth remembering he's still learning himself, couple seasons in football ownership, mistakes will be made.

With PC doing well at Swansea, how kind before a revisionist slant is put on his time here and it's the players that weren't good enough to buy into his philosophy??? I'm sat watching the game at the mo, and until the goal, they didn't look anymore threatening against Leicester than we did the other night, more solid at the back mind...

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

With PC doing well at Swansea, how kind before a revisionist slant is put on his time here and it's the players that weren't good enough to buy into his philosophy??? I'm sat watching the game at the mo, and until the goal, they didn't look anymore threatening against Leicester than we did the other night, more solid at the back mind...

10 changes when we played Leicester 

This is Leicesters first team. 

Archived