Paul Clement

Waffle

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

We're many months in and no reports of moaning, bitching, complaining, insubordination, belligerence, or not playing the Swansea way.

Why's that then?

I don’t know but they’re currently 17th and he’s spunked the best part of £30,000,000 on two midfielders only to play them out of position if at all.

Much akin to us relying on George under him they also only have one LB who is now injured.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/08/2017 at 17:57, Leicester Ram said:

I've about had it with the Clement arse licking, just seen someone suggesting on twitter that it'd be us signing Renato Sanches if we'd kept Clement.

Seriously, what did the bloke actually do for us that made us better on the pitch?

He took a team that, before being destroyed by injury, was one of the best in the division and made us gradually worse and worse.

None of the players were improving, in fact most of them were getting worse. Bradley Johnson went from being the fittest and most confident player at the club to unfit and next to useless. Chris Martin was chasing lumps upfield, Ince was barely producing and the players who saw the most of the ball were Shackell and Keogh. f****** Jason Shackell was one of our main playmakers, let that settle in.

Clement had a Derby team playing 4-3-3 that included Martin, Thorne and Ince, yet we were getting worse as time went on. A Derby manager has never been backed like he was.

Clough, McClaren, Pearson and Rowett never had/don't have anywhere near the freedom he had.

Clough never got any backing in the transfer market, McClaren mainly worked with loans, Pearson had to sell before he bought, Mac II didn't have his two most important players in Thorne/Martin and Rowett's had to start a rebuild.

As far as football goes, I didn't see anything from him that suggested he's this next Sir Alex Ferguson that would have got us into the promised land.

His Swansea tenure has clearly gone well but he's not done anything that's remotely close to special. He took an underachieving squad and kept them up with a new manager bounce. Alan Pardew's done that.

The Derby lot who still talk about him are boring football hipsters who prefer a manager who wears a nice jumper, sounds good in a Q&A with Mel and gets on with Owen Bradley.

The amount of disrespect Clough and McClaren get despite doing ten times more for this club than Clement ever did really winds me up (as you can probably tell).

So what if we'd got a loan from the bloke he set out cones for.

:(

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 23:49, AndyinLiverpool said:

His ideas are probably too advanced for English players. 

English players seem to want blood and thunder speeches. Overseas players want technical insight. 

English players who can run are to advanced for clement,he likes to play walking football. Good at handing out training tops and moving cones though

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, David said:

Didn't think this deserved a topic of it's own so thought I would throw it in here. 

Over £7m. For a season loan. Just me that is struggling to understand the thought process behind that deal?

That's barmy! But GR was on about loan fees at one of the forums and said more clubs are demanding ridiculous loan fees now.

It's only seems barmy because it's turned out he's not that good. The kid was one of the hottest prospects in the world 18 months ago and has won the European Championship.

Rather £7m for a year than sign Davy Klaasen for 4 times that and be stuck with him for three years afterwards. We would have been better off paying a quarter of the value in loan fees for Shackell, Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman etc...

I've not seen much of him tbh but what I saw at the Euros was him do a step over and a pass and the commentators say it was the best skill of the game. 

He just seemed hyped to me. Like I know people want the next Messi but it was still just an unnecessary step over with a pass that Jake Livermore could have made. 

Think people get to eager to find the next big thing all the time. When the old news are still rocking it

True, that money could have been just as wasted on X player that they would be stuck with for X years, it could also have been spent on a young player with potential that worked out and saw their value increase.

Will Hughes, deal that could be worth £8m, wouldn't have cost 50k a week in wages.

Sanches could have had a decent season but you're still waving goodbye to £7m in May regardless, unless they have an option to buy which I doubt.

What difference would an in form Sanches have made to Swansea this season, how many places higher in the table could they have realistically have been for that £7m to be good value.

1 hour ago, David said:

Didn't think this deserved a topic of it's own so thought I would throw it in here. 

Over £7m. For a season loan. Just me that is struggling to understand the thought process behind that deal?

Did you not use his in-form on ultimate team last year, 7 million is a snip?

Archived