Crystal Palace

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam knows he can get Palace relegated and still walk away with a nice tidy sum. Such is the beautiful game.

Once you've hoodwinked a job and signed on the dotted line then it's all down to how ambitious and driven you are as a manager for success.

Unfortunately for Palace we know that Sam is only driven by greed but they knew that she they appointed him.

I hope they get relegated. Fully deserved.

Was with Sam's backing apparently, never saw Clement complain either.

Rookie or not, don't think it makes a difference, an argument could be had which is worse for both.

Probably effects the fans more than it does the players and managers as they like the drama.

For me it goes into the Wagner style celebration box, not something you really want to see on a regular basis but in certain circumstances it's understandable.

If I was sat up in the stands paying thousands out each week and watch a performance like Palace v Sunderland, would find it hard not to go down and offer a few choice words myself. 

I would have been in there after Leeds.

There's no rights or wrongs, everyone handles things differently in football anyhow. Do what you feel is right for your club.

Not understandable without knowing the full circumstances I can agree to.

All was not rosey behind the scenes as we later found out, whilst on the surface a 0-0 may not appear to be enough of a motive to enter the dressing room, what was going on behind the scenes in the build up. 

Same with Palace, that could just be a knee jerk angry reaction to an awful performance, or again something bubbling behind the scenes.

You wouldn't see a jury pass a verdict without sitting through a full trial so how can fans pass judgement without knowing the full story.

We do because we're football fans and know it alls (myself included)

You wouldn't want a jury considering a crime a few minutes after it has happened either.

l have no problem personally with any Chairman organising a player's meeting and saying their piece, including giving two barrels if appropriate.  

If we are going to play ping pong this afternoon let me know and I will put a tight pair of shorts on.

If you're trying to turn me on it's working.

If the crime is long running and you are witness to it, you take to the stand.

We don't know if it was just that 0-0 performamce, that's all I'm saying.

I have zero knowledge as to what went on other than what's out there with why things were not rosy at the time.

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You wouldn't want a jury considering a crime a few minutes after it has happened either.

l have no problem personally with any Chairman organising a player's meeting and saying their piece, including giving two barrels if appropriate.  

If we are going to play ping pong this afternoon let me know and I will put a tight pair of shorts on.

Makes a change from pocket billiards?

6 minutes ago, David said:

If you're trying to turn me on it's working.

If the crime is long running and you are witness to it, you take to the stand.

We don't know if it was just that 0-0 performamce, that's all I'm saying.

I have zero knowledge as to what went on other than what's out there with why things were not rosy at the time.

Oh l am sure there were other issues at that time, but let's not get this one going again. I hope Mel is happy now with his 'Derby Way'. I hope Paul Clement makes a decent fist of it at Swansea, and l hope you get that bloody denture out of your body soon. Be happy David.

Sam is being paid probably an obscene amount of money to manage the team, what exactly is the chariman going to say that Sam isnt? like the players are going to just magically sit up and pay attention.

All it will do is worsen any problem they currently have, if the chairman isn't confident Sam can b*****k the players after a rubbish result then he shouldn't have hired him in the first place! 

No need to get involved, micro management at its finest. 

On 06/02/2017 at 07:19, coneheadjohn said:

I see the chairman was in the dressing room kicking off after Saturday.

I wonder how that went down?

Kicking off after Saturday. That's what the players did too judging by the score. 

Archived