DCFC Fans - Newcastle, Leicester & the next 7 Podcast

David

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/8/2017 at 10:22, Srg said:

Steve?! Brilliant.

To defend my Shelvey point - I was trying say he is a poor all round midfielder, which I fully believe he is. He is one-dimensional, which is that if you give him all day to pass a ball, then he will kill you. Derby have managed to give him enough time to pitch a tent, get the deck chair out and light a cigar in both games we've played them this season. He can't play under duress, he can't tackle, he doesn't have a particularly good shot, he isn't great positionally and he certainly has a terrible temperament which is liable to get him sent off.

Your point about Pirlo is a little silly, because he is an exceptional passer (obviously better than Shelvey), and he is fantastic positionally, he can tackle, he intercepts well, he runs a game under pressure and is a leader. He is far more of a complete player, hence he has been one of the world's best for years and years.

Whilst you might not agree with my dislike for players, they certainly aren't irrational in most cases. I always back my point up with my reasoning, whether you agree or not that's absolutely fine - the only exception to this is Nugent because I have no idea why I don't really like the guy. That said, I'm always open to my mind being changed on any player (apart from Conor Sammon who isn't a footballer).

Steve, I disagree with your views on Shelvey, I'd have him in our team in a heartbeat, but if you are right, and I am not saying you aren't, it must be a worry that Steve Mac spent 12 million on him at Newcastle.

On 08/02/2017 at 10:22, Srg said:

Steve?! Brilliant.

To defend my Shelvey point - I was trying say he is a poor all round midfielder, which I fully believe he is. He is one-dimensional, which is that if you give him all day to pass a ball, then he will kill you. Derby have managed to give him enough time to pitch a tent, get the deck chair out and light a cigar in both games we've played them this season. He can't play under duress, he can't tackle, he doesn't have a particularly good shot, he isn't great positionally and he certainly has a terrible temperament which is liable to get him sent off.

Your point about Pirlo is a little silly, because he is an exceptional passer (obviously better than Shelvey), and he is fantastic positionally, he can tackle, he intercepts well, he runs a game under pressure and is a leader. He is far more of a complete player, hence he has been one of the world's best for years and years.

Whilst you might not agree with my dislike for players, they certainly aren't irrational in most cases. I always back my point up with my reasoning, whether you agree or not that's absolutely fine - the only exception to this is Nugent because I have no idea why I don't really like the guy. That said, I'm always open to my mind being changed on any player (apart from Conor Sammon who isn't a footballer).

If shelvey is deemed a poor midfielder but we acknoledge that given time and space he will destroy u.

what does that make bradley johnson

if hes given time and space he kills us lol

yes they are in essence different players but have been occupying then same role (infront of the back four) i know which id rather have every day of the week

Archived