DCFC Fans - Newcastle, Leicester & the next 7 Podcast

David

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaps, I live in Kent and the other Ram that lives in the county is a taciturn type and hence I suffer from a dearth of Rams chat.  So I appreciate that you take the time to make a podcast, hat's off to you, but please could you occasionally listen back and hit the edit button?  Up to 6 minutes 30 seconds we had all learned about your recent employment prospects, facial hair, baldness, health..... before we hear 'I suppose we should talk about Saturday....'  Listen back and ask yourselves who outside of you three or possibly your immediate family could possibly find that 6 minutes plus interesting or entertaining?

Yours in a spirit of constructive criticism.

Truckle

59 minutes ago, Truckle said:

Chaps, I live in Kent and the other Ram that lives in the county is a taciturn type and hence I suffer from a dearth of Rams chat.  So I appreciate that you take the time to make a podcast, hat's off to you, but please could you occasionally listen back and hit the edit button?  Up to 6 minutes 30 seconds we had all learned about your recent employment prospects, facial hair, baldness, health..... before we hear 'I suppose we should talk about Saturday....'  Listen back and ask yourselves who outside of you three or possibly your immediate family could possibly find that 6 minutes plus interesting or entertaining?

Truckle

I like to hear about Daveo's bowel movements. 

But I guess if you listen to an episode in isolation you may arrive at your train of thought.

im not related to him by the way.

1 hour ago, Truckle said:

Truckle

I quite like the discussions between themselves and the banter that they have to be honest, I find it breaks up the constant football talk. The "I think he was called Alan" part had me in stitches, people must have thought I was a right weirdo as I laughed incessantly whilst walking the dog. Surely it was a wind-up??

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I quite like the discussions between themselves and the banter that they have to be honest, I find it breaks up the constant football talk. The "I think he was called Alan" part had me in stitches, people must have thought I was a right weirdo as I laughed incessantly whilst walking the dog. Surely it was a wind-up??

Yeah the Alan part made me lol at work :D the banter makes it a lot more entertaining than any other football related podcasts. If it was an hour of just talking about tactical changes, stats and formations then it wouldn't be anywhere near as good! Bring back Alan's quiz ;)

3 hours ago, Truckle said:

Truckle

Hello Truckie, glad you enjoy the podcast! Fair criticism and I'll respond to it.

In regard to the banter at the start, 6 and a half minutes (haven't checked the timestamp but I'll believe you) is more than we usually do. Often we'll have a guest on and welcome them, ask a bit about them and so on. When it's us three we'll do a little hello, welcome to the show and a mini update on how we're all getting on, whether that takes 60 seconds or slightly longer. Given we're regulars we've got regular jokes that come up from time to time and this week there was a fair bit of prodding poor 'Alan' over here for a laugh. We'd expect it to run for no more than 5 minutes unless there's big news and then we're straight into the club news as that's why we're there but the same banter is part of the forum, generally we've had a good response to it.

I can't speak directly on behalf of David but I believe the idea is to keep the podcast as tied to the forum as possible, that includes some winding each other up, horrific pun work and so on mixed in. This week was a short week but often the podcast can run an hour and a half long, 5 minutes of banter at the start is our way of casually opening up the podcast that by now definitely has a regular listenership who know us very well, especially David and Scott as they've been there the whole time. We've got listeners now who still call back references and jokes from months ago, I think it'd be a shame to lose that. If we didn't have some light hearted moments then the whole podcast could come across very seriously which David doesn't want, we've made an active effort to lighten it up a bit more recently and I can only assume my star qualities being absent the other week lead to a slightly more dour Pod.

We definitely appreciate that some fans are there purely just for the football talk and we definitely are too but the podcast now is taking on a life of its own and will have its own mini hub of in-jokes, references and so on mixed in with us as the regular hosts, it's part of the podcast and it makes it more inclusive, any guest or listener can join in that and become part of a show through reviews, appearances etc. Given the overall response to us doing that, especially the jokey positive reviews we've been getting in that tend to reference us personally than just praising the chat, we'll probably be continuing with it.

Having said that, we do take all feedback on board and we definitely won't ever be padding out the start of the pod with chat just to talk about ourselves, I've had several pods where my opening line has been 'Hello, how are you' and my second line a match review. Apologies you didn't enjoy it!

Though I will say, I personally blame this on your moving to Kent. There's nothing in Kent but Daily Mail readers and posh flowers, what were you thinking?

Thanks Alex, top man, I wasn’t expecting such a detailed response!  You are right about Kent.  I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Gillingham away, but it’s not an experience you’d want to repeat, I recall watching Craig Burley lumbering around the midfield as we lost to them first game of the season after one of our relegations.

I take the point about the banter and to be honest I was probably just a bit grumpier than usual after the first half at Newcastle.  I am a fairly regular listener and generally quite like a bit of an update on Davo’s bowel and denture related shenanigans.  I also particularly like the irrational dislike of certain players from your mate who starts the session – Steve is it?

Baird I could understand, but the line about JonJo Shelvey being **** at football but only good at passing got me thinking.  Could be a feature, as in, that Picasso, **** painter just good at colouring.  Also, that bloody Pirlo, all he does is pass.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next episode.

Truckle

33 minutes ago, Truckle said:

Thanks Alex, top man, I wasn’t expecting such a detailed response!  You are right about Kent.  I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Gillingham away, but it’s not an experience you’d want to repeat, I recall watching Craig Burley lumbering around the midfield as we lost to them first game of the season after one of our relegations.

I take the point about the banter and to be honest I was probably just a bit grumpier than usual after the first half at Newcastle.  I am a fairly regular listener and generally quite like a bit of an update on Davo’s bowel and denture related shenanigans.  I also particularly like the irrational dislike of certain players from your mate who starts the session – Steve is it?

Baird I could understand, but the line about JonJo Shelvey being **** at football but only good at passing got me thinking.  Could be a feature, as in, that Picasso, **** painter just good at colouring.  Also, that bloody Pirlo, all he does is pass.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next episode.

Truckle

Steve?! Brilliant.

To defend my Shelvey point - I was trying say he is a poor all round midfielder, which I fully believe he is. He is one-dimensional, which is that if you give him all day to pass a ball, then he will kill you. Derby have managed to give him enough time to pitch a tent, get the deck chair out and light a cigar in both games we've played them this season. He can't play under duress, he can't tackle, he doesn't have a particularly good shot, he isn't great positionally and he certainly has a terrible temperament which is liable to get him sent off.

Your point about Pirlo is a little silly, because he is an exceptional passer (obviously better than Shelvey), and he is fantastic positionally, he can tackle, he intercepts well, he runs a game under pressure and is a leader. He is far more of a complete player, hence he has been one of the world's best for years and years.

Whilst you might not agree with my dislike for players, they certainly aren't irrational in most cases. I always back my point up with my reasoning, whether you agree or not that's absolutely fine - the only exception to this is Nugent because I have no idea why I don't really like the guy. That said, I'm always open to my mind being changed on any player (apart from Conor Sammon who isn't a footballer).

43 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

I agree.

The other one, is it Derek?, is ok too!

He's not having Derek, my guess is that's David in disguise, David mk2, he has tried to give himself Derek today on twitter. He doesn't get to choose his own name, ladies and gentlemen, rage against the machine. 

I prefer Dimbleby for David. Head of an institutional talking show but getting on a fair bit and in need of frequent naps. Only thing David hasn't got is the hair. David would kill for Dimblebys hair. 

In another power play against the artist now known as Alan, David has cruelly blocked him on twitter.

To say David doesn't like GoT this is a surprisingly old school move, the young and upcoming star at court frozen out by an aging lord. But where will Steve side?

The plot thickens...

57 minutes ago, Alex W said:

In another power play against the artist now known as Alan, David has cruelly blocked him on twitter.

To say David doesn't like GoT this is a surprisingly old school move, the young and upcoming star at court frozen out by an aging lord. But where will Steve side?

The plot thickens...

I might unblock you later. Disturb my attempts at an afternoon nap with multiple Twitter DM's you'll end up in Blockville!

Archived