Wagner

rammieib

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think this guy lacks class. Did it against us, now against Leeds. Passion yes, class and respect he has none.

Hope he gets a touch line ban for his actions today.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

Football fans can be so precious. How dare an opposition manager celebrate his team's winning goal? He should've stood still, head bowed in respect, for the away fans who suffered the pain of that late goal.

To be fair to rammieb from what I have seen he should be, not for the celebration but for his aggresive behaviour towards monk, he actually has hold of him and monk does keep his hands by his side. I have only seen the video on sky in fairness though so there may have been more to it, but from what i have seen its worse than what wenger did to get his touchline ban.

28 minutes ago, Anon said:

Football fans can be so precious. How dare an opposition manager celebrate his team's winning goal? He should've stood still, head bowed in respect, for the away fans who suffered the pain of that late goal.

Or how about celebrate with his coaching staff and players in the technical area? Always someone who takes a post too seriously.

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Or how about celebrate with his coaching staff and players in the technical area? Always someone who takes a post too seriously.

Agreed

What I found so amazing was that he was on the pitch the whole time - running down to the end of the pitch to celebrate, then running all the way back. All completely on the field of play. And slowing up the subsequent kick off.

I don't understand this - in youth football (my only experience of being on the touchline ) no way were we allowed to do this.

Conte was off the field and within feet of his dugout - no problem. Good fun.

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Or how's about not getting mardy when someone posts a serious reply to a joke/statement you and only you are in on?

20 minutes ago, David said:

Got to say I enjoyed it and Conte the other day, don't get me wrong it's not something I would want every manager doing for every goal as it would quickly get pretty cringy

Yeah but those leaving early won't just miss the last 5 minutes, more like 25. I can see added time being around 15 mins.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Yeah but those leaving early won't just miss the last 5 minutes, more like 25. I can see added time being around 15 mins.

Added on time will be when the other managers bottom lip comes out and players come to his rescue. Had Monk not stepped in his way be a minute tops

5 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Or how's about not getting mardy when someone posts a serious reply to a joke/statement you and only you are in on?

Gonna have to explain that one in English to me? A joke only I am in on? Or was that a joke only you were in on?

Both managers were in the wrong. Monk knew what he was doing - baiting Wagner into a reaction and unfortunately Wagner chose to react and the melee broke out.

As for Wagner's celebration, I think his passion is refreshing. You could argue that in his position, he should show restraint but football is a passionate sport and at the end of the day, who wants a manager who is detached and unmoved on the sidelines?

You want to see that he is engrossed in the game, that he cares and that he revels in the success just as much as the players and the fans do. It builds a sense of unity.

Conte at Chelsea is a prime example. He has really united that club.