Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Sorry to interrupt your dispute guys but fair play to you both. 86 for the apology and Colm for being magnanimous enough to accept. Great to see on a forum instead of nastiness.

I agree with this Tony...

We're all bloody Derby fans at the end of the day! We're all brothers (yeah and sisters) in my book.

Time was you could go on the old AOl football forums and indulge in as much nastiness as you wanted with the red dogs...lol

I certainly don't come on here to fall out with my fellow supporters...

Up the Rams!

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Ok that's fair enough mate....

I apologised to @Colm and should do the same with you fella. Not my finest moment - my opinion is just that and not a lot more. I hate the chant but I don't think people sing it to be deliberately demeaning and unlike some clubs, racism isn't something I associate with the club I love, for what that's worth.  

Thanks for your last post btw. 

COYR

7 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Banter is fine so long as you find it tolerable at worst. Anything over that and you can run into problems.

All people are different and we should respect that.

I used to hate the banter flying around in factories about women and women employees. I find that sort of stuff is disrespectful to women and gave me an indication as to the calibre of men I was working with. We all comment about women of course but some banter I've been exposed to regularly and been expected to join in with because I'm a 'bloke' was just obscene and sick and bordering on sex pest territory.

Just one example. If I choose to take offence to that and not join in then I suddenly become an oddball to those lot.

Taking offence at seemingly innocuous things IS on the increase and I've no doubt there are lots of people who do so just because it makes them feel superior but it just takes a bit of common sense.

Don't make jokes about sexually attacking women ( believe me I've heard much worse over the years from blokes that class it as banter ) and don't sing songs about refugees at football matches.

They are highly likely to cause offence to more than just your usual folk who get upset over every little thing and the reason is that they are horrible things to chuck about as banter.

Just think a bit that's all. Not everything is fair game and exactly the reason why Frankie Boyle is such a pr#ck.

Its not limited to factories, office envrionments are just as bad, or at least were, i think people darent say much now.

I do remember though it wasnt restricted ot men being sexist or whatever towards women, it was the other way round too..alot, but I think its ignored more if its women towards men, or at least was.

I remember when i was a lot younger being on the end of it, properly, and if that sort of thing had happened the other way round well im sure there could have been grounds for some sort of assault...i still look back at it and think it was 'banter' but can understand why its not acceptable and would never think of doing or saying the same sort of things.

Things certainly seem to have improved a lot now.

Don't mention Dieppe on here for for godsake...

A daring amphibious raid pre D-day to test the Third Reich's costal defences...which ended in disaster, so yeah you should be alright..

Most of 'em were Canadian troops aswell, god bless 'em, so that should appease the PC mind police ...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 21:48, Andrew James said:

I agree, Shackell seems to not be able to go forward !! How he captained Burnley is quite amazing. 

He had better players around him in 2013/14 and 2014/15...players like Heaton, Trippier, Mee, Ings and the incomparable Michael Duff.

Archived