Why Do we never score late goals?

Eatonram

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had 2 or 3 chances tonight - I thought the last one was in at the end.

think the Geordie faithful realised I was Ram in the Leazes end,!

but the one on 82 mins where everyone stopped - why didn't we convert that - everyone stopped and it wasn't offside!,,,

Gutted. Could've scored 3 in the last 15 mins but not to be. Still drinking to forget and will post properly later. In summary, we started slowly, made Newcastle look good (and they're nowt special) for 45 mins, and then could've equalised a few times. Geordies sang their usual 2 songs and were library style quiet except for the goal and ubiquitous booing of anything that's not going their way. Special fans, my arse - a media and North East regurgitated myth. 

Quietest we've been away for years, especially considering the numbers. The make up of the ground doesn't help. It's like looking over the fence at someone else's party. Through binoculars. 

Good to meet some Rams before the match including some forum members. Safe travelling home folks. 

28 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Gutted. Could've scored 3 in the last 15 mins but not to be. Still drinking to forget and will post properly later. In summary, we started slowly, made Newcastle look good (and they're nowt special) for 45 mins, and then could've equalised a few times. Geordies sang their usual 2 songs and were library style quiet except for the goal and ubiquitous booing of anything that's not going their way. Special fans, my arse - a media and North East regurgitated myth. 

Quietest we've been away for years, especially considering the numbers. The make up of the ground doesn't help. It's like looking over the fence at someone else's party. Through binoculars. 

Good to meet some Rams before the match including some forum members. Safe travelling home folks. 

How come Rams fans are so high up? Are there newcy fans below you?

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

How come Rams fans are so high up? Are there newcy fans below you?

A lot of teams like Newcastle and Sunderland put away fans in the worst position, high up in the sky. 

Yep, away fans are above home fans and there were a few bottles chucked from our tier into the toon below this afternoon. 

Prem rule being brought in soon is that away fans must be at pitch level. Good idea considering they pay the most for tickets (usually) and help create a good atmosphere.

ive been to Sunderland and Newcastle in the last 2 months and considering that's almost 100k supporters, they're 2 of the quietest sets of fans in England unless scoring / winning or booing. Yet all you hear is 'passionate fans, best fans' etc etc. Load of bullocks.

Today being a good example. 

Its funny cos every Monday morning at work I hear how quiet the away fans were at SJP. The reality is that unless you detonated a few bombs up there, it's almost impossible to hear the oppo fans when you're basically 1/2 mile away. 

18 hours ago, Eatonram said:

I mean late goals that earn points. When have we done that this year? Preston? Yet we concede late to lose points. Very frustrating.

QPR away? 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Prefer early goals myself, means I can leave the ground early without missing owt

I usually leave on 88 mins to give my mate a lift home for our home matches and I have hardly missed any by us, and yes we did beat both QPR and Birmingham 2-0 and not the historically recorded 2-2 because both of them never had a shot! 

Archived