How far away is Tom Ince from a call up to the England squad?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I firmly believe that many good players only miss out, not only on England call-ups but good careers, as a result of circumstance. 

Ince appears to be on such player. Needs a certain amount of freedom to operate that few bottom half Prem sides will give him and thus he struggles and ends up back down here. He may welll excel in a top four side but we'll likely never know. 

I think Ince is one of those players that England especially have had a lot of these last few years. Patchy. Inconsistent. Whichever word you wish to use. He's an extremely talented and exciting footballer who can mesmerize and score great goals..............but in patches.

Ok so he's not Messi and he's not going to be doing the business every week but he needs to find ways of becoming more involved in games where Derby aren't having the rub of the green and possession of the football. This compensates for when he experiences droughts and runs of poor form and keeps him in the action.

This season though by and large he's been exceptional and we would very much appreciate if he could carry this on and get into the England squad! :)

2 minutes ago, swiftur said:

He is a one trick pony,Ok for the championship but not  premier league class.Not as good as his dad.

Your posts really surprise me - just when i think they can't get any worse than the previous ones, they do. Instead of being on here why aren't you watching your Forest on TV?

24 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Your posts really surprise me - just when i think they can't get any worse than the previous ones, they do. Instead of being on here why aren't you watching your Forest on TV?

Not interested in forest, only derby.Are you watching it?

23 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Shelvey is much closer to a callup as an outfield championship player than anyone Derby has.

Im sure if England were in the shoes of Ireland, scotland and wales, then ince would be in there of course.

But 3rd goalkeepers aside, england pretty much never call up anyone from the championship. Sorry.

Boothroyd got called up for England while playing in the championship do therefore your last bit of your post is incorrect. Sorry.

18 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I think Ince is one of those players that England especially have had a lot of these last few years. Patchy. Inconsistent. Whichever word you wish to use. He's an extremely talented and exciting footballer who can mesmerize and score great goals..............but in patches.

Ok so he's not Messi and he's not going to be doing the business every week but he needs to find ways of becoming more involved in games where Derby aren't having the rub of the green and possession of the football. This compensates for when he experiences droughts and runs of poor form and keeps him in the action.

This season though by and large he's been exceptional and we would very much appreciate if he could carry this on and get into the England squad! :)

I wouldn't say he's inconsistent at all. He's consistently brilliant when used correctly and consistently bad when used incorrectly. 

33 goals and 30 assists in 8,882 minutes under Holloway and his dad at Blackpool, which works out at a goal or an assist every 140 minutes. 

Unsurprinsingly his form nose-dived in defensive minded long-ball teams in Pulis' Palace, Bruce's Hull and Pearce's Forest. 

Then 11 goals and an assist in 18 under Mac1.

Clement comes in and has him hugging the touchline for the most part - though in 244 minutes in a free role behind the striker under him he registered five goals and three assists.

Wassall comes in and gives him a free wide role again and he notches four goals and four assists in 1,332 minutes, 

The Dinosaur comes in and low and behold he's anonymous again.

Mac 2 once again gives him a free wide role and lo and behold he's fantastic again. 

Ince is consistent as long as you use him correctly. Let him roam and he'll consistently hurt teams for you.

Unless you play for a fashionable club you're not likely to get picked, so based on that Ince has no chance.

It's a shame because players should be picked based on form (especially in the qualifiers where it should be about giving different players game time and experience playing for the national side, like Germany do), and not based on the club or league they play in.

Archived