Uncle Mel being generous again

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I've just posted this in @Wolfie's magnificent random stuff that annoys me thread. But seeing it's in the title of this thread and it is possibly the thing that gets my goat above all else on this board, I feel compelled to share it here as well. No offence @Animal is a Ram. Actually, yes. Some offence.

Ok, here's something that really, REALLY annoys me.

Mel Morris is the owner and chairman of Derby County Football Club. As far as I am aware, he is not related to many of the posters on this board.

So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Uncle Mel"? He isn't your ******* uncle (unless he actually is your uncle, in which case consider yourself excused. And lucky.) so don't call him "Uncle Mel".

Nigel Clough is 50 years old. That, granted, isn't exactly pushing up daisies territory, but neither can he be considered young. So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Young Nigel"?

Honestly, it does my head in. Please stop.

Were you a Vulcan Bomber in a previous life?

I'm welling up ...honestly.

Myself and young Edward went and met @Angry Ram and Little Angry down in Brighton for the playoff away leg 3 seasons ago. It was a fantastic day out encapsulated by a photo of me and young Edward under Flagman's flag as black & white balloons and a cacophony of "Since I was young" heralded the Rams onto the pitch. Fast forward 8 hours later and an awakening Edward as we parked the car outside home ...Edward opened his sleep filled eyes and said "That was the best day of my life Dad". 

Can't wait to re-live it thanks to Mel Morris's extraordinary consideration. Philanthropy personified. 

Great gesture for the fans, but also quite possibly a power play to undermine Sky, especially given that the 47th game went up in smoke.

The more fans that turn up to the game, the less there'll be at home or at the pub watching it live on Sky.

Nevertheless, it's great news for our travelling fans, most of whom will need to take a day off work in order to go. Softens the blow somewhat.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Knees ap mather  braaaaaaaan!

if i catch you bending, i'll saw your legs right off,

don't get the knees up, don't get the breeze up,

knees up mavver braaaaan

He's only a poor lickle cockney

his feavers all tattered and torn

he came down to see

the DCFC

and went back with a fackin black eye, ohhhh etc

11 hours ago, mozza said:

I feel honoured to have met the guy , lovely gesture by a man who has Derby fans trials and tribulations close to his heart, what a brilliant offer this is , twenty quid all in ,wow , tempting or what ! :D

Get up off yer knees man.

12 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I'm welling up ...honestly.

Myself and young Edward went and met @Angry Ram and Little Angry down in Brighton for the playoff away leg 3 seasons ago. It was a fantastic day out encapsulated by a photo of me and young Edward under Flagman's flag as black & white balloons and a cacophony of "Since I was young" heralded the Rams onto the pitch. Fast forward 8 hours later and an awakening Edward as we parked the car outside home ...Edward opened his sleep filled eyes and said "That was the best day of my life Dad". 

Can't wait to re-live it thanks to Mel Morris's extraordinary consideration. Philanthropy personified. 

Was a good day wasn't it 

:D

Archived