Uncle Mel being generous again

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added to this the usual frozen season ticket prices. Went down and renewed mine and the kids yesterday, 11 months to repay as well all at the same price as last year. 

What a guy he is, rewarding fans and their loyalty as much as is practical. 

Wonder how many clubs have heated concourses? 

I've just posted this in @Wolfie's magnificent random stuff that annoys me thread. But seeing it's in the title of this thread and it is possibly the thing that gets my goat above all else on this board, I feel compelled to share it here as well. No offence @Animal is a Ram. Actually, yes. Some offence.

Ok, here's something that really, REALLY annoys me.

Mel Morris is the owner and chairman of Derby County Football Club. As far as I am aware, he is not related to many of the posters on this board.

So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Uncle Mel"? He isn't your ******* uncle (unless he actually is your uncle, in which case consider yourself excused. And lucky.) so don't call him "Uncle Mel".

Nigel Clough is 50 years old. That, granted, isn't exactly pushing up daisies territory, but neither can he be considered young. So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Young Nigel"?

Honestly, it does my head in. Please stop.

12 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I've just posted this in @Wolfie's magnificent random stuff that annoys me thread. But seeing it's in the title of this thread and it is possibly the thing that gets my goat above all else on this board, I feel compelled to share it here as well. No offence @Animal is a Ram. Actually, yes. Some offence.

Mel Morris is the owner and chairman of Derby County Football Club. As far as I am aware, he is not related to many of the posters on this board.

So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Uncle Mel"? He isn't your ******* uncle (unless he actually is your uncle, in which case consider yourself excused. And lucky.) so don't call him "Uncle Mel".

Nigel Clough is 50 years old. That, granted, isn't exactly pushing up daisies territory, but neither can he be considered young. So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Young Nigel"?

Seems someone's been left scarred by their own Uncle... :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Somebodies wife cheated and got the kids to call the knock off uncle!!!

22 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Don't tell us what to do. Sorry. 

This is great news for those going to the game, well done to Mel again.

As most of you know I miss very few away matches but will miss this and the Forest match (a little matter of a double celebration elsewhere!)

As for Uncle Mel, I always thought of it as an affectionate nickname based on the fact that he is quite avuncular to all us fans. We are all part of the Derby family aren't we?!

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Really weird post. Why would you even care so much about something that insignificant? :lol: It's a nickname...

Why do you call yourself @VulcanRam when you've probably not got pointy ears and a preference for being logical?

... and how big is Big Sam? I mean come on, everything is relative

Archived