England

Day

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/02/2017 at 19:14, 1of4 said:

Just to keep qualifying is not the right result I'm after, the right result is winning a World or Euro final and if this happened I'm sure nobody would care if the manager was exciting

I hope you're a young lad, cus you could be waiting a very long time...

12 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I hope you're a young lad, cus you could be waiting a very long time...

I'm a grumpy old bast@rd whose seen England win the world cup and hope I might see it happen again before I go senile.

I think the biggest problem for any England manager to solve is why we breeze through admittedly easy qualifying groups but then continuously choke when it comes to the tournament's..

Good players we see performing in the Prem week in week out suddenly become gripped by fear and look like they've never kicked a ball before.

Until we get to the bottom of why wearing the 3 Lions shirt has become such a burden for many players then things will never improve..

The problems  begin and end at the FA. The England managers are employees of an establishment organisation, chosen therefore on a different set of parameters than the ones needed to win tournaments.  In appointing like minded souls to its ranks the FA hasn't changed in 50yrs. 

I've been so let down by international football over the years I now take no notice and am even irritated by the disruption it causes to the league schedule. I'd rather watch real football at Causeway Ln, Matlock than England at Wembley. 

Archived