Jump to content

Euro 2016 earned us £1m.


needles
 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

How about Farsley getting 25 grand?

That's a positive argument for letting more tiny countries / **** teams into the tournament.

 

Very interesting. There's a loophole that's open to abuse if ever I saw one. If I was a small non league chairman I'd stuff my squad with Gibraltans, Andorrans, Sammarinese and Faroe Islanders. At 20k a piece I'd be well up on the deal.

edit - I meant the chairman of a small non league club, as oppose to short arse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Anon said:

Very interesting. There's a loophole that's open to abuse if ever I saw one. If I was a small non league chairman I'd stuff my squad with Gibraltans, Andorrans, Sammarinese and Faroe Islanders. At 20k a piece I'd be well up on the deal.

edit - I meant the chairman of a small non league club, as oppose to short arse.

I expect Fawaz to be on the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Anon said:

Very interesting. There's a loophole that's open to abuse if ever I saw one. If I was a small non league chairman I'd stuff my squad with Gibraltans, Andorrans, Sammarinese and Faroe Islanders. At 20k a piece I'd be well up on the deal.

edit - I meant the chairman of a small non league club, as oppose to short arse.

Heightist! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Anon said:

Very interesting. There's a loophole that's open to abuse if ever I saw one. If I was a small non league chairman I'd stuff my squad with Gibraltans, Andorrans, Sammarinese and Faroe Islanders. At 20k a piece I'd be well up on the deal.

edit - I meant the chairman of a small non league club, as oppose to short arse.

Your theory is otherwise fine but there's little flaw. Gibraltar, Andorra and Faroe Islanders etc are not getting to Euro's anytime soon!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Your theory is otherwise fine but there's little flaw. Gibraltar, Andorra and Faroe Islanders etc are not getting to Euro's anytime soon!

 

According to the article you only need to play in the qualifying campaign to get a payout for your club.

"Meanwhile, striker Adam Priestley's appearances in qualifying for Gibraltar pocketed eighth-tier Farsley £21,531."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anon said:

According to the article you only need to play in the qualifying campaign to get a payout for your club.

"Meanwhile, striker Adam Priestley's appearances in qualifying for Gibraltar pocketed eighth-tier Farsley £21,531."

Oh, I just skimmed it and missed that part. Then your theory is perfect. Just need local companies to give them some jobs and your team would be financially secure.

Well done!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.