Play off place or FA Cup final day out?

Jimbo Ram

FA Cup. 

Was in the Wigan end in 2013 when they played Man City in the final at Wembley. Nobody gave them a chance but we all know what happened there. They can't take FA cup wins away from you, they're engraved into a clubs history. Promotions? They'll come and go. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

In my short life I've seen us twice in a play off final... I'm prettt sure there's not a poster on here who was alive last time we got to an fa cup final? 

5 hours ago, Doodle said:

Eddie?

I've been wondering what @eddie did with his spare time before football was invented.

4 hours ago, eddie said:

The biggest disappointment in my life, bgger than being cheated out of the European Cup by Juventus, bigger than any relegation, bigger than any playoff defeat, was losing the FA Cup semi-final at Hillsbrough.

My sincerest wish is that we right that wrong before I die. I'm not asking us to win the FA Cup, just to get there.

Playoffs? Nice, but pretty common.

You've got more chance of pumping Racquel Welch.

The best we could hope for in the Premier League (barring an 5000/1 season) is a cup win and Europe. 

And so from that it's only logical that a cup final should take prescedent.

That's before even delving into the emotional 'I was there' side of the argument.

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Nish''s "goal" was never offside. 

We may moan about officials now, but in the 70s the average ref and linos looked like your grandad and moved about as quickly. They were rarely up with play.

I quite liked the Russian linesman we had for the Real Madrid game (the same one England had for the 1966 World Cup Final).

Easy one FA Cup final. I've seen us promoted and I'm sure I will again (and probably again) but a cup final, that's a once in a lifetime event  :D

Archived