Play off place or FA Cup final day out?

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest disappointment in my life, bgger than being cheated out of the European Cup by Juventus, bigger than any relegation, bigger than any playoff defeat, was losing the FA Cup semi-final at Hillsbrough.

My sincerest wish is that we right that wrong before I die. I'm not asking us to win the FA Cup, just to get there.

Playoffs? Nice, but pretty common.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Cup final.

It doesn't matter to me who we play or in what league, I go to watch Derby.

The excitement of an FA Cup final appearance and a chance of seeing us win it would more than compensate for not going up.

And Europe!! Imagine the euro nights.

No question FA cup final all day long - a life time of hoping 

play offs would be nice but I have been to three finals but I would prefer to win the league

so  2017 FA cup winner

2018 UEFA cup winner

2019 championship winners

2020 premiership winners

2021 champions league winner

2022 Detox 

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

In my short life I've seen us twice in a play off final... I'm prettt sure there's not a poster on here who was alive last time we got to an fa cup final? 

I was but too young to know much about it. I remember collecting some cigarette cards (Turf? Probably what they were made from) with the likes of Carter, Doherty and Stamps on them.

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

I was but too young to know much about it. I remember collecting some cigarette cards (Turf? Probably what they were made from) with the likes of Carter, Doherty and Stamps on them.

I stand corrected... my grandad was born a few months after we won it so shows my age!

i was buzzing when we got to the league cup semis at the time! 

fa cup has always been magic to me.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

The biggest disappointment in my life, bgger than being cheated out of the European Cup by Juventus, bigger than any relegation, bigger than any playoff defeat, was losing the FA Cup semi-final at Hillsbrough.

My sincerest wish is that we right that wrong before I die. I'm not asking us to win the FA Cup, just to get there.

Playoffs? Nice, but pretty common.

Nish''s "goal" was never offside. 

We may moan about officials now, but in the 70s the average ref and linos looked like your grandad and moved about as quickly. They were rarely up with play.

Archived