Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys just seen this derby are after this player koke who ever he is for 4.4m.

Do you have a source B4?

I very much doubt it's Spain international and Athletico Madrid starter Koke though

2 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

I don't care how much profit Swansea made or how much money they intend to spend on future transfers. It's theirs to spend as they pleased.

The question is really; is P. Clement's transfer policy certifiable?

After bringing a bunch of average players to Derby, I think, it isn't certifiable, it's completely uncertifiable.

It was to put the transfer fee into perspective - We'd happily spend £1.5m on a gamble signing - We'd spend that much on a decent backup player - Unfortunately the crazy TV deals for the PL means they can now spend £15m on a gamble without worrying too much about the money

Clucas is a perfectly decent player who didn't look out of place in the Premier League last season

I don't personally think Johnson, Butterfield or Olsson are average - I think they haven't been played in the right systems - But think all are potentially top 6 side players - In fact they all were in their first season

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I don't personally think Johnson, Butterfield or Olsson are average - I think they haven't been played in the right systems - But think all are potentially top 6 side players - In fact they all were in their first season.

B. Johnson and J. Butterfield both have had an exceptionally good period in their footballing careers while playing for Norwich and Huddersfield respectively. It was more or less one whole season. I don't think they ever before or ever after in their footballing careers, they performed up to that standard. Namely scoring such a high number of the goals (B. Johnson) and oftenly being named the players of the Match (J. Butterfield).

4 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

B. Johnson and J. Butterfield both have had an exceptionally good period in their footballing careers while playing for Norwich and Huddersfield respectively. It was more or less one whole season. I don't think they ever before or ever after in their footballing careers, they performed up to that standard. Namely scoring such a high number of the goals (B. Johnson) and oftenly being named the players of the Match (J. Butterfield).

Butterfield was good enough at Barnsley that Premier League bound Norwich took a punt on him - And my Boro fan mate said he was good on loan with them

Johnson had several good years with Leeds and then a few seasons with Norwich in the Premier League

Have they been stellar for us? Not really - They've been good on and off - On their good days they've both been very good though - And there's no reason why playing them in the right way might not bring that out of them with the same consistency they've shown at other teams

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I saw it on twitter on football league transfears.

But it would be good if we can pull

This one maybe this signing gary rowett was on about worth waiting for. 

That the same account that said we're trying to sign Troy deeney on loan??

23 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

And there's no reason why playing them in the right way might not bring that out of them with the same consistency they've shown at other teams

These team positions in which they were playing in their previous clubs, they won't be playing while at Derby. Because Gary Rowett's tactics are completely different to the Norwich tactics from Alex Neill's time or Huddersfield tactics from Chris Powell's (Robins/Lillis) time. It's more a question of the right mix of other players their colleagues with whom they were surrounded on the pitch.

1 minute ago, lioncoeur said:

These team positions in which they were playing in their previous clubs, they won't be playing while at Derby. Because Gary Rowett's tactics are completely different to the Norwich tactics from Alex Neill's time or Huddersfield tactics from Chris Powell's (Robins/Lillis) time. It's more a question of the right mix of other players their colleagues, whom they were surrounded with on the pitch.

Well that's your viewpoint - But I think it's a little narrow - We have seen that these are both players who have a limited capacity to play in a new way - But there is no reason we can't get the best out of them in our squad, with these players playing in a different way

You single out one season but Johnson played under Paul Lambert and Chris Hughton for Norwich in the Premier League - And Butterfield played an numerous clubs under different managers successfully

To write off two players as 'average' when our squad has had to put up with 5 managers in 2 years when they were here is naive - They're both good players they just need to be played in the right way - Which may be possible under Rowett

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Well that's your viewpoint - But I think it's a little narrow - We have seen that these are both players who have a limited capacity to play in a new way - But there is no reason we can't get the best out of them in our squad, with these players playing in a different way

You single out one season but Johnson played under Paul Lambert and Chris Hughton for Norwich in the Premier League - And Butterfield played an numerous clubs under different managers successfully

To write off two players as 'average' when our squad has had to put up with 5 managers in 2 years when they were here is naive - They're both good players they just need to be played in the right way - Which may be possible under Rowett

Whether my viewpoint is a narrow or not, is the question only time will tell. You may or may not agree with me, but I am predicting them both being transferred in the near future.

Archived