Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

We could raid Newcastle when they get promoted. There is bound to be mass change at Newcastle in the summer as he there is a lot of players in that squad that aren't good enough for the prem but could do a job in the championship.  

Not sure you're  being serious but if you are......we sign 2 or 3 up, probably on a minimum 3 year, lucrative contract (otherwise why would they move?). They help to get us up at the first time of asking then we're left with 2 or 3 players who have shown that they can't hack it in the PL so what do we do with them?

No - don't believe you were serious.

19 hours ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

John swift/Izzy brown/kacey Palmer

Tom Lawrence 

Jota

Would love to see tom cairney at pride park but very unlikely

We were strongly Linked with Tom Cairney when he moved from Blackburn to Fulham for 4 million, if only we were more than linked.

Jota is someone I've always wanted to sign too, would be a cracking free transfer.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not sure you're  being serious but if you are......we sign 2 or 3 up, probably on a minimum 3 year, lucrative contract (otherwise why would they move?). They help to get us up at the first time of asking then we're left with 2 or 3 players who have shown that they can't hack it in the PL so what do we do with them?

No - don't believe you were serious.

I was half serious half not to be honest. Players like Goufran & Hayden are a massive no go. But players like Ritchie & Yedlin would be a good addition.

As @mozza's prediction isn't working for me at the moment, I take my chances here...

We'll go for player who is over 30 years old, overpriced and on huge wages being in form of his life before last contract was negotiated.

Forgot the name, but I'm certain we are after him.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We were strongly Linked with Tom Cairney when he moved from Blackburn to Fulham for 4 million, if only we were more than linked.

Jota is someone I've always wanted to sign too, would be a cracking free transfer.

Jota is out of contract in the summer aswell

We need to be pro-active now in high-lighting the type and style of player we need to fit our pattern of play. Free agents if they are any good don't stay free for long so you have to act fast. Too many times in past we have been reactive and potentially lost a player through initial inactivity and then we are panicked when they are about to be signed by someone else. 

We should scout all the promising potential freebies and premiership club's U23 loanee's now to see whether they are who want and need. So we are on the front foot as soon as the summer transfer market opens. 

This would be my dream/realistic starting XI for the beginning of next season - 

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh  Pearce  Lowe

Thorne

Hughes   Johnson

Ince                 Martin            Sako 

We need 2 major signings to make this team a top 2 team. The RB needs sorting because we have learnt that Ince with more space on the wing is unstoppable. So when Christie plays he just takes up his space and limits Ince's creativity. Also the left wing position needs sorting as Russell isn't good enough for a top championship team. Anya is yet to set the world alight but now he has sorted his injury problems he could be the answer.

57 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

This would be my dream/realistic starting XI for the beginning of next season - 

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh  Pearce  Lowe

Thorne

Hughes   Johnson

Ince                 Martin            Sako 

We need 2 major signings to make this team a top 2 team. The RB needs sorting because we have learnt that Ince with more space on the wing is unstoppable. So when Christie plays he just takes up his space and limits Ince's creativity. Also the left wing position needs sorting as Russell isn't good enough for a top championship team. Anya is yet to set the world alight but now he has sorted his injury problems he could be the answer.

Swap Sako for Lawrence and Johnson for...well, someone else...and I'd agree with you wholeheartedly! 

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Swap Sako for Lawrence and Johnson for...well, someone else...and I'd agree with you wholeheartedly! 

Maybe put Lawrence in for Johnson? I know he pays left side of midfield very well for Ipswich. Then keep Sako in or another left wing? 

12 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Good point. Can't think of anyone that would come in though?

Plenty of players that could come in and do a job for us. PL loanees, young, lower league players with the potential to step up, decent players from rivals in this league.

Most suggestions are players we've previously been linked to. That sort of makes them predictions rather than suggestions. Wisdom is one of the main 'suggestions', as he seems to be the only right back that exists since he played for us. I rarely 'suggest' a player because there are so many that are good enough, it's just choosing the players that fit our side and the way we play. That's hard to do unless you spend hours analysing a player individually, which I don't do. I sometimes thing our scouting team don't do it either to be honest. Instead I just suggest positions where we can strengthen and for me that would be right back, centre midfield, left wing and another option up top to support/fill in for Martin.

I like hearing suggestions of players that haven't actually been linked to us but who people have watched and like the look of. Watching football gives a better feel of a players quality rather than reading a tweet or newspaper report.

Archived