Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say spend £10m on Bogle,

cash in on Martin's new contract, 

sell all of our productive but not superstar players for half they're worth and replace them with players of equal or worse quality but, and here's the important bit, overspend on them.

Also we should bid for any player that makes the news between now and the summer, if its good news its a no brainer and the cub would be stupid to miss out; if its bad news then that's evidence they're not at home at their club and we can get them cheap.

That probably sums up most posts you'd get on this thread. We're making great time!

Get Martin back. I have a few suggestions:

John Swift Reading. Would be expensive but a great talent. Looked great against is

Max Power. Again expensive but talented 

Jackson Irvine. Seen him loads this season and would improve us. Aerial threat and truly box to box

Summer 2017 - Transfer suggestion thread

Might aswell start this now. Sure we are all going to be thinking of players that we need to bring back the Mac style of football we saw in the 13/14 season. 

Will be interesting in whether we give Baird & Bent new deals. Both of their contracts are up in the summer and they would be free to leave. I think they both will leave, We have signed Nugent to replace Bent in the summer. And I think we will allow Baird to leave and bring in another RB to cover Christie. Will we sign another LW? Or will Russell step up his game and become a top performer for us. 

Jese and James Rodriguez for me. If Thorne can't get fit, we should someone proven in PL.

If Boro go down, we should do our best to nick Negredo and Gibson from them, Martin is good enough back up. Not sure would all of these players be happy to fight against relegation but you can dream.

22 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Jese and James Rodriguez for me. If Thorne can't get fit, we should someone proven in PL.

If Boro go down, we should do our best to nick Negredo and Gibson from them, Martin is good enough back up. Not sure would all of these players be happy to fight against relegation but you can dream.

Up until that last sentence, I felt this post was very sarcastic. But now I fear you're actually being serious...

57 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Brilliant.

Very early to start making decisions on this, well obviously have to see how players perform through the rest of the season before really having an idea. However at the moment if we're still in the championship I'd go for:

Rb: Sam Byram

Cm- John Swift

Lw- Jordan Ibe

Well need more than just that and a few out as well I'm sure, we'll have to see nearer the time- hopefully we're in the premier and everything changes!

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Very early to start making decisions on this, well obviously have to see how players perform through the rest of the season before really having an idea. However at the moment if we're still in the championship I'd go for:

Rb: Sam Byram

Cm- John Swift

Lw- Jordan Ibe

Well need more than just that and a few out as well I'm sure, we'll have to see nearer the time- hopefully we're in the premier and everything changes!

Good list but I'm not sure we'd be able to attract Ibe whilst still in the championship. For the championship, presuming we have Martin, Thorne and Forsyth back fit and firing and we don't lose any key players I think those 3 signings would be more than enough to mount a serious title challenge.

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Good list but I'm not sure we'd be able to attract Ibe whilst still in the championship. For the championship, presuming we have Martin, Thorne and Forsyth back fit and firing and we don't lose any key players I think those 3 signings would be more than enough to mount a serious title challenge.

Yeah I was being quite ambitious, but he's the absolute perfect player to fill that LW position imo- he's been here before, mcclaren knows his game and he knows mcclaren so maybe the promise of becoming a key member of our first team week in week out could attract him here. Probably prem teams will come for him, but I live in hope! Just hope for once we can have everyone fit without any long term injuries next year as well

Archived