DCFC Fans - Leicester, Ipswich & Martin Podcast

David

Don't know, but hopefully you'll soon find out.

I hadn't noticed the fruity language warning in the description as I just press the play button in this forum.

And I'm not having a dig, just positive criticism that might be taken on board. I just thought you would like more folk on the forum and more podcast listeners, of all ages.

I enjoyed watching Match of The Day as a kid, and it was a great treat to be able to stay up late to watch it. Kids today are clicking on all sorts on the Internet and are likely to click on here, and or listen to it, it's the same with the OAP supporters on here, who are quickly put off by smut or over swearing etc and it's up to parents to try and protect their children from it, but at the same time it's up to us all to respect one another and  I think we should all try to respect our own players and fans and friends, and opposing clubs etc a bit more.

I think the forum is fantastic and so is the podcast, but there is always room for improvement and Srg does a wonderful job at keeping the discussions going and raising the points, but (no not David's) he's becoming very predictable a bit like a whinging Alan Hansen but with unnecessary swearing and far too many negative nags, that can effect the enjoyment of the podcast.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking everything you say on board Inverurie, with regards to bad language I understand where you're coming from however this forum isn't tailored towards kids in anyway at all nor have we ever promoted it towards them.

I do however acknowledge as do the advertising partners that they may come across the site which is why we have a strict no nudity rule and an active swear filter in place. Bleeping naughty words out is something I could look at doing for future podcasts. 

Honestly I don't feel it's been a major issue, as I say I could probably count on one hand the naughty words used each week, far less than you would be exposed to at a football game. 

I would also say it's not an overly negative podcast, this weeks felt slightly downbeat which I even brought up later on although listening back it was fairly positive just lacking any enthusiasm.

Personally and this is no excuse I was a little tired, listening to the second half v Ipswich was very flat, thought the RD commentary also lacked the usual enthusiasm, maybe down to the atmosphere at Portman Road who knows. Was just one of those nights with half an eye on the SSN clock ticking down and any hope of Martin returning disappearing.

Recording so late at 10pm isn't ideal after a long day, there has been a few where I've felt like saying let's forget it tonight but both Scott and Alex give up their time for free to record this and have other commitments in their own lives to just say do it tomorrow night. Monday or Tuesday at 10pm or it doesn't happen. 

As for negative comments, all I want them both to be is real, I want their honest opinions and not watered down to tell listeners what they want to hear. We start doing that and we may as well give up now. Sure some won't agree, others will disagree and even more won't listen at all as they can't bare to hear what we think and that's totally fine.

We're not trying to fit our opinions in with the majority of fans to boost download figures just being ourselves, if those do trickle down to a handful of people we know our time is up. 

Do appreciate the feedback, we have to accept we won't be everybody's cuppa tea. As I say I'll look at bleeping next week and possibly sticking some kind of disclaimers on the site to make visitors aware that this site is not child friendly.

11 hours ago, David said:

Taking everything you say on board Inverurie, with regards to bad language I understand where you're coming from however this forum isn't tailored towards kids in anyway at all nor have we ever promoted it towards them.

[snip]

Feedback, we have to accept we won't be everybody's cuppa tea. As I say I'll look at bleeping next week and possibly sticking some kind of disclaimers on the site to make visitors aware that this site is not child friendly.

I'd just like to chip in and say I'm fine with the content of the site and the podcast, I'm not in favour of making everything possible "child-friendly".

We do our best not to swear in front of our kids, not make it "normal" but it's impossible to shield them from it.  My 6 year old has told us she "knows the swear words" (from kids in her class!) but she would never say them herself.  And that's where I concentrate on - they *will* hear them, just make sure they don't find them acceptable to use themselves.

You're doing a great job guys, always a good listen. I don't agree with the criticism, natural is the best way, no point in faking an opinion or saying something just because "that's what listeners want to hear".

Archived