What are you eating tonight

froggg

Boiled oxtail, with potatoes and carrots.  Usually a house favorite, it needs to be boiled for at least 3 hours, but 4 are preferable.  This batch was not fresh, in fact it was close to being rotten.  Have to buy that stuff fresh, or at least freshly frozen and then it's really good food, the juice and the vegetables making it a soup dish kind of meal.  For those on a budget, it's cheap beef, because of the time it takes to prepare.  Going hungry to bed tonight and it will do me good, as i need to lose quite a few kilos.  i finished the rum as compensation though.

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

So that you can prove that you have done exactly, to the letter, what she "asked" you to do! Only then to be told that you just don't understand women and she didn't mean it literally!

It doesn’t matter tbh,she’ll just use the Jedi mind trick on me.

That’s not what I said is it John?

No love.

Your a silly man aren’t you?

Yes love,do want a cup of tea?

The Memsahib made her salmon and prawn-based fish pie this evening (absolutely superb) - and she basically said to me "do something with that spare aubergine". Well, having decided that it didn't fit in any body cavity, I got to thinking "how do you make aubergine interesting without going full moussaka or parmigiano on it?"

So I sliced it pretty thin, painted each slice with a little olive oil, fried it for 3 or 4 minutes on each side, cleared any excess olive oil from them, put them in a shallow baking dish, brushed them with butter (yes, I really should have fried them in butter first and not olive oil, but I was making it up as I went along), smothered them with freshly-chopped chives and parsley, the juice of a lemon and gave them 10 minutes at gas mask 7.

Very nice - will do again.